Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next door neighbor volunteers for friends of gummi. I help her out when I can. These guys were dropped off at the shelter on Thursday. There were a total of eight. Their mom was beagle mix and dad was lab mix. They are only 4 weeks old, but we are having a ball with them.
Molly doesn't know what to really think of them. She was better with them today than yesterday. She is very protective of them.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Ohhhh, they are adorable! I just can't understand how anyone could drop 8 puppies off at a shelter...especially at such a young age.

Molly looks very loving and protective of them! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleepy.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Great pics! Molly is beautiful and the puppies are precious /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

Molly~ I don't blame you! If someone dropped two puppies (or two babies) at my house I wouldn't know what to think of them either /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh, they are SO cute! Looks like they're trying to nurse on poor Molly in the one pic! That is too funny. I'll bet Molly's maternal instincts have taken over and she is mothering the sweet little ones.

A little off topic, but my cousin had a mix small dog growing up named Boots. Boots had never had puppies, but cousin's cat had kittens and abandoned them pretty much. Well, Boots became those kittens mommy to the point where she actually got milk and nursed them! Strangest thing I ever saw, you'd walk up to their front porch and see this dog laying there, nursing 4 kittens! LOL

·
Registered
110 Posts
They are super cute!! Molly is beautiful! Anytime Maggie is around puppies she starts producing milk, it is crazy!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
What cute puppies - but then, all puppies are "cute". Molly must be like my Chloe - she LOVES puppies, when we have a litter here, as soon as JoJo will let her, she "takes care" of the puppies. When my Bella was sick (she was about a month old), her mom, Lottie pretty much rejected her, so Chloe and JoJo took over the "mothering" duties - (she was already weaned so didn't need to nurse), but they "nurtured" her, bathed, her, cleaned her, and played with her. Chloe has never had puppies, but she does love them. Possibly because they're little - more HER size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts