Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live by a pretty woodsy area and get all sorts of critters around. The other night, as I was taking out Molly for her mid-night potty break (can't wait until she can hold it all night) we were walking through a grassy area behind our building and, sitting in the streetlight was a cat-sized creature, thatI thought must be a neighbor's cat. As I peered at it, I realized that, no, it had longer ears sticking straight up - it must be a rabbit, but a pretty large rabbit.

Molly had her nose to the ground, as usual, and hadn't noticed yet so I watched to see what would happy. The rabbit was being very still but of course Molly eventually saw it. She went stiff (which is pretty funny on a 3 month old puppy) and after holding for maybe half a minute (pretty good for a puppy I think) she bolted twoard it, causing the rabbit to bolt away.

Molly wasn't expecting that, it startled her and I think she finally saw the rabbit's size because she ran full tilt all the way to the front door. A fairly ignoble initiation to rabbits for a Beagle, but it made me laugh.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
What a funny story. If Molly keeps finding big monsters in the night maybe she won't want to go out.

·
Registered
959 Posts
My Cobi, 7 years old, is terrified of rabbits. We have bunnies and babies every spring, he will look at them, and they all freeze, and then off like a shot the bunnies go. Cobi, will then start the howling...but he's not to fond of them at all. How absolutely embarassing for a beagle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The part when she ran away must have been hilarious
Next time she'll get the rabbit...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry goes from placid and funny to very intense when he gets a bunny smell; controllable but definite hunter!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's a great story. I would have loved to see her run full speed to the door. Not a very brave way for a Beagle to act towards a bunny now Miss Molly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts