Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
molly is just over 5 months old and this week has been asking to go outside a lot, like every 10 minutes. Every time i take her out, she goes, and when i don't take her out, she often pees inside. When we are outside, we do not play; she goes and we come inside. Since this is new, i immediately thought it was a UTI, however, she can go at least 5 hours when left alone during the day when i'm at work. I come home for lunch and let her out, and she never goes in her crate. She also never goes during the night.

I also think she's doing it for attention. Recently, she has been mischievous when she doesn't have our full attention; she steals our socks and runs away from us.

Do you think its medical? if it is for attention, what is the best way to resolve it?

thank you!

·
Registered
34 Posts
In my opinion, you never want to rule out a UTI and it would probably be a good idea to have it checked out. But knowing our beagles, (they are smart like a fox) attention could very well be it also.
Chief who is 9 and has been housebroken forever is my daughter's dog and makes it very clear that she is his favorite pet. Last summer she went to boot camp (Army) and Chief was miserable. She called one Sunday and I put the phone to Chief's ear to hear her talk. He listened for a second then ran straight into her bedroom and pooped in the middle of her room to teach her a lesson for leaving him.
Whenever she is gone for a few days, he specifically trashes her bedroom to pieces.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by matt:
molly is just over 5 months old and this week has been asking to go outside a lot, like every 10 minutes. Every time i take her out, she goes, and when i don't take her out, she often pees inside. When we are outside, we do not play; she goes and we come inside. Since this is new, i immediately thought it was a UTI, however, she can go at least 5 hours when left alone during the day when i'm at work. I come home for lunch and let her out, and she never goes in her crate. She also never goes during the night.

I also think she's doing it for attention. Recently, she has been mischievous when she doesn't have our full attention; she steals our socks and runs away from us.

Do you think its medical? if it is for attention, what is the best way to resolve it?

thank you!
Think I would agree with last post! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif It really sounds strange because ,IMO, you would think if there was any medical problem you would see other signs of the problem. Just keep a GOOD eye on her for now. JMO My Shiloh when he wants attention he will do something he knows he is not sopposed to do,then run ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif She may just be trying to get your attention /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Beagles like to play silly games. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Take her to the vet to get checked out first.

The reason why she doesn't go during the day when she is in her crate nor at night is because she is not active. When you are there and she is awake the bladder is being spurred into action. She probably drinks more when active so from what you have said I would think that she genuinely needs to go. If she just wanted attention she wouldn't actually do anything when you took her out but just run around playing etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts