Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just toook Molly out to wee and when she finished, she seemed to be dribbing and some blood came out too!! I noticed the dribbling pee yesterday and today she is acting crabby, for lack of a better word.

She is a 2 year old spayed female -- does this sound like a UTI?? I have always had male dogs and am not used to the girlies.

I think I will try and catch a sample for the vet and take it in tomorrow AM. They are closed today for the holiday and Molly seems fine otherwise. The sample will be fun - she pees about a quarter of an inch from the ground!!

· Super Moderator
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info and encouragement. Its so hard with 3 dogs to keep track of everyone!! Its a definate though, she just went out twice in 45 mins to pee (not normal for her) and I saw more blood. Then both Jake and Andy were sniffing her behind area. Poor baby. She's sleeping now.

· Super Moderator
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Afternoon update - Molly does have an infection and I started her on meds when I went home for lunch. I hope she feels better quick, I know how yucky those can make you feel. She still is pretty perky but I can tell she is off.

· Super Moderator
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Molly is still getting much better - yay! She is a good pill taker.

Glenda, giving kitties pills is definately NOT fun. The vet kept showing me a way to just put the pill in, close the mouth and then rub the throat until they swallowed --- but my kitty would 90% of the time spit it back at me!!

Dogs are definately easier when it comes to meds !

· Super Moderator
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I find that certains thing work with certain pills. Jake and Molly both have to take a large capsule type pillonce a day and peanut butter works great for that. I put the pill in the peanut butter with a few chips of kibble on top, so they don't sense the pill texture.

For Molly's tablet pill she is taking for the UTI, I use canned pumpkin. That serves 2 purposes - hides the pill and also helps to keep her from getting antibiotic diarrhea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.