Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
19,926 Posts
Don't panic -- blood in urine is a symptom of a UTI. The first time my Maggie passed a large clot of blood I totally panicked only to find out that it was due to the lining of the bladder being irritated by the infection. Try and get the first urine of the morning -- if you have a metal pie plate, you can slide it under her as she pees. Then pour it into a new plastic cup and cover the top. It is tricky -- if you can't get it, then offer lots of water so the vet can get a sample when you take her in. Maggie just finished three weeks of Baytril for a UTI -- vet said the antibiotics would kick in very quickly and they did. She was much better after only two doses. Let us know what the vet says.

· Banned
19,926 Posts
My friends GSD hates taking pills and he is a very sick dog. They always had problems giving him pills. When I babysat him for a week a few years ago, he was on another course of antibiotics. I placed the pill in my hand, and handed it to him. He licked it off of my hand, and chewed and swallowed it.

They were is SHOCK!! They are still fighting him everytime he needs meds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.