Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruby is a big fan of eating grass. Every time she's out in our yard, she takes some time to do some grazing. She'll eat grass on most walks, too, but she's more picky about which grass to eat when walking.

I know that some dogs will eat grass to help with an upset stomach, but Ruby just really likes to eat it. She just likes to get her greens!

I'm wondering how prevalent this is with the beagles in the BW community.

Any similar experiences?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Booker is like that sometimes - our little cow! Sometimes she just eats and eats and eats like it is the best salad in the world, and only the most succulent new green sheets will do, though.

Moose eats grass more than Booker does, but when he does it is definitely to make himself throw up - he eats for about five minutes, throws up twice, then will go back and do it over again unless we stop him. I think he is bingeing and purging to keep his figure or something...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yep, Blue does it too. I was worried the first time I saw him eat it thinking he didn't feel well, but that was not the case. Some nights he eats too much and then we do have a problem, but it is usually hours after he is doing eating grass.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Arty eats grass sometimes (maybe 3-4 times a month) and when he eats it, boy does he chomp down and graze for quite a while.

I also thought it was for an upset tummy but he never throws up from the grass eating (no matter how much he eats) so I'm not sure. Furthermore, I havent been able to pinpoint any specific changes in his diet which would cause him to need to eat grass (I want to make sure to avoid certain foods that may hurt his little tummy). I'm starting to think that he just likes grass.. he's also pretty picky about his grass, it has to be nice young fresh baby greens. What a weirdo.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Ours like grass as well. Sometimes it seems just for fun but i think when they come across the type of grass they would need for an upset stmach, that they eat it just incase.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Mine like grass, espcecially Duke. Cassie will only eat it when her tummy is upset, but Duke seems to think it's part of his diet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts