Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We still have an enormous amount of snow, my fenced in backyard has literaly disappered , so I've been taking out the beags and beeing very carefull they do not jump the snowbank(about 4ft. slight incline), for the past 3 weeks this system has worked...not yesterday...Missy just took off, and I called her..no way Mom, ears flapping in the wide open spaces, off she goes and I cannot run after her, the snow is about up to 5ft in someplaces, luckly there isn't any local traffic she's in a field, but nonetheless close to the river and I'm thinking...hope she doesn't try to cross the river...my heart is just pounding at this point...how to I go after her????? So i decide to drive to my brother's about 1 mile away, borrow some snowshoes and off we go in search of Missy...3 hours later I'm totally exhausted...no sign of her anywhere, we go back to my brothers, by this time I'm giving up and having all these bad images in my mine, so brother and I are taking off are snowshoes and I'm about to get in my car...who comes trotting up to me, my little adventuress Missy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif...wanted to strangle her right then and there...SURE, I grab her gave her a hug and a few nasty words, and both of us have been resting ever since. She will be leashed, even in her own fenced in backyard...&**&^6 SNOW!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thsmiley_fistshake.gifPhoto below shows where I used to have a fence!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
When our furkids do something like that, it's hard to decide whether to hug them or chastise them. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bounce.gif It's a pretty safe bet that the hug usually wins. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

I'm sure you are tired of snow. It wouldn't take me long to reach that point. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
862 Posts
So glad there was a happy ending to that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hapfac01.gif Once Boeing ran out the front gate and ran across the street to where my uncle's truck was parked. Luckily, my uncle who was about to drive off heard mom's shouting and was able to grab the sneaky beag before he ran further away. That really gave my mom such a fright. What if Boeing got hit by a passing car while running across the street!!!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, athe beags sure keep us on our toes don't they? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thsmiley_fistshake.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts