Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be having minor outages limited to around 15 minutes per outage with unannounced unscheduled times between March 2nd 2009 and the end of June 2009.

We do not expect to have to many outages with in this time span however the outages will be necessary for the second phase of our project.

As many of you have seen in the past as countdown clock on the site. That clock was phase one of our plans and were pretty much complete with that project. We are now moving to the phase two or second year part of the project that we had planned making of the final additions.

There will be no surprise or secret on the second phase as it is a sound studio coupled with the data center. We have decided not to have this studio a totally private thing but to rent out studio time to recoup the loss of setting up and operating the studio.

A little background on the studio. Many of you hear the radio in your car or have satellite radio or even listen to the radio on the internet such as I do. We are building a complete studio to broadcast radio shows through the internet both live and by remote. We may even have users conducting their satellite radio shows weekly through our studio. We also have all ready had some interest for live radio / internet broadcast from local racing to give fans commendation of races for those who are unable to make it to the race track, this is just speculation at this time but may be come a reality.

This studio may be in conjunction with the web site Track Thunder as well as family entertainment for complete radio shows on a slot time basis. We will be allowing the use of the studio to others for track mixing of pre laid out sound tracks and related usage while the studio is not in a broadcast time slot.

The reason for the outages in relation to the studio is we are moving the entire data center into a different area of my home with its own private access. This will allow for our privacy and not allow for people to be running through our house. We will not be doing recording of bands in the studio.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If anyone has noticed we have been doing work on the service causing a few minor outages for a few moments at a time.

Everything has been relocated to the new service location except this server and the network switching equipment.

We are intending to be moving the remaining equipment with in the next week causing a few more short outages. Remember we do not have exact days and times for these little outages.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On Sunday, April 12th, 2009 I will be moving the server that Beagle World resides on into the new area where we have transferred the data center equipment to. We will also be transferring the gateway and main switching equipment located in the head to the same location.

We will be without service till all the equipment has been transferred and reinstalled. I only expect this to take about an hour. The time that this should happen will be between 9AM - 3PM Eastern Standard Time - United States.

The transfer of the server will take 5 minutes only, the moving of the head unit will take longer as it will have to be dismantled and reassembled and hooked back into the backbone. We will have to transfer the entire block and remount this as well.

The reason for this time is that we expect many of our users to be celebrating the Easter Holiday with their families and should have minimal traffic with in the data center effecting less of the community then any other day of this month.

We at JAISP try to accommodate all of our users by forgoing our holiday time to not intrude on your quality time in our communities and our customers users traffic. This will be a total service outage as per our schedule of expansion.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Thank you for all your hard work! A small donation coming your way to put my $ where my mouth is! Surely it is about time for some more Sammy pictures. hint, hint.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since I still had people contacting me to tell me the service was down I will no longer be reporting and planned outages on the service regarding Beagle World in the future. It appears that people are not actually reading my heads up well in advance postings on the system.

Since were a small company I thought it would just be nice to let people know what were doing in advance. In the future we will be taking on the position of the large corporations and will be practicing plausible deny ability, it has to be the other guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.