Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sleeping on my lap at the moment

We had a bit of a drive to pick her up 1 and 1/2 hours then 1 and 1/2 hours back she whinged a bit then settled down. We arrived home and I took her over to the grass on one side of the house while my husband gave Bazel the box she was in to sniff. Bazel came over and sniffed her and didn't bark or growl so that was a relief. The first thing she did was go and eat a wallaby dropping , followed by trying to get another one [ we live in an area with a lot of wildlife].
She settled in really well and only whinges to go outside or to be where we are, she didn't seem to miss her family.
Unfortunately I had a fall and after a visit to the doctor today have either broken or badly bruised a rib . I go for x rays later this week. I tripped over a heater lead which was moved due to Millie's bed and went flying over onto the laundry concrete fall. I am supposed to take it easy for the next 2 weeks.
Yes with a new puppy and 2 children

Ok what you have been waiting for.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
That little face is so sweet. I am sorry to hear about your fall. I always laugh when the doctor says to rest. I don't know how much rest you can get with a puppy in the house! Enjoy her because, like the kids, they grow up so fast.

·
Registered
135 Posts
She is soooo cute!!! Congratulations!! And get well soon with your rib!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Take care of yourself. Hopefully, (clean) puppy kisses will make your recuperation go faster
Little miss Millie is adorable.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I am in love!!!!
She is simply beautiful!!!! I am glad that Bazel did take a liking to her & the first meeting went well

Take it easy & hope you get better soon
broken or bruised ribs are not fun, I've had both before. Be careful & rest well.

·
Registered
392 Posts
AWWWWW so cute!!

love the picture of millie licking (ur daughter?) 's face

friends for life!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Oh what a beautiful pup! Sorry to hear about your accident, hope your ribs heal quickly.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thank GOD i dont have a litter nearby...
She is KAYOOT!!!

sorry bout the ribs...
you'll just have to sit on the floor and play with the pup!
C.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you everyone. Millie is certainly making herself at home and is very loveable. She is showing signs of being very affectionate and loving her food . Yes the food loving is a normal beagle trait but our Bazel was /is a fussy beagle and didn't eat for the first few days we got him. Millie's first meal she smelt before she got it and was oh so eager.
Wish she didn't like wallaby droppings though. I take her outside for toileting [ not going well yet] and I spend most of the time saying No Millie to the eating of the poo droppings, ugg. She is very funny with Bazel and barks at him , he looks at her as if to say Who is this young upstart .

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The picture of Millie and your daughter is priceless. Allison, Cracked ribs, been there done that, several times - hopefully you don't have friends who delight in making you laugh (until to recover that is) Hope you heal quick! Poor Bazel, having to deal with the young upstart!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally Posted By: bobThe picture of Millie and your daughter is priceless. Allison, Cracked ribs, been there done that, several times - hopefully you don't have friends who delight in making you laugh (until to recover that is) Hope you heal quick! Poor Bazel, having to deal with the young upstart!
Thank you Bob .

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally Posted By: Li'l MaggieHow are you feeling Allison?
Sorry I am late in replying . Still sore I have a lot of trouble lying down , sitting is more comfortable ,laughing, coughing or even breathing too deeply cause me pain too, hopefully another week I will start to feel better, though 6 weeks is the full recovery time. Thank you for asking Gale.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts