Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I made the trip to get Miggy yesterday. It was over 12 hours there and back but it was sooo worth it!! He is so much more beautiful than his picture and just a wiggling, licking,squirming bundle of beagle love. The breeders are lovely people who really care for their dogs and their grandaughter has been caring for Miggy. He was all set to go and I had his crate waiting. As I put him in it I realized that he had probably never been in a crate or a car before. They live in the Oceola Nat'l Forest and we had to drive down a long washboard dirt road. I quickly learned how noisy a beag can be. So I stopped and took him on my lap and after lots of grateful kisses he went to sleep until we got to a reststop on I95. I put him on the grass but I don't think he peed because we were surrounded by OOOOers and aaahers. I put him back in his crate again and after 5 min. of crying he went back to sleep. After a gas stop we repeated the same process and he slept the rest of the way. It was dark when we got home so after a few minutes outside we gave him food and water(he ate the cats food and the cats ate his food). The cats don't like him much yet. He's never seen a cat so he was a little wary too. I put his crate in my room and we both went to bed. He fussed for about 5 minutes and went to sleep. I set my clock for midnight took him outside. He pooed and peeped right away so I praised him and put him back to bed. We repeated the process at 3am. I think it may be beginners luck. What a wonderful beautiful puppy. He's the best gift I have ever received!!! :rainbow: :lol2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Occurrence of the puppy in your hous - is big happiness! :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
There's no doubt that little Miggy is much loved, and you're in for a lot of entertainment. Sounds like a really good start for the settling in. :thumbup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
sounds like things were going well for your house !
Can't wait to see pics of little miggy and see how things are going.
I got up 2 minutes too late last night to take the beags out and one had a belly ache /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif that was no fun to clean up
Judi and the gang

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm smiling just reading your post. I remember the excitement of bringing home that puppy for the first time. So sweet. :heart: You're in for quite a run...mischeivious, funny, daring, stubborn, loving...so many wonderful things. Good luck, I hope everything keeps going so smooth for you. And we want pictures!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congratulations on the new baby (pics please). Sounds like you are off to a great start at being a wonderful beagle mom. Keep up the good work (pics please) and he will be housetrained in no time (pics please). I am sending you subliminal messages...are they coming across.

·
Registered
794 Posts
sound SO adorable!! and I do hope you have beginner's luck...but don't be disappointed if it backfires a little!! :wave:
puppies are worth it! :heart:

·
Registered
220 Posts
awwww congratualtions on the new addition to the family!! I remember the day we brought our lil' guy home! I hope things go well for you guys!!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy. Maggie is only 10 months so our first days are still fresh in my memory. I didn't take enough puppy pictures, although I got lots of video.Your baby will change so fast so enjoy every minute!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
How exciting!

Keep us posted and make one of those many belly-rubs and kisses from Henry and I.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.