Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I tried this I got only the one pic of Pooney our orange tabby. I hope to show the rest of our kitties. I hope there is someone out there who has brought a beag into an all indoor cat home. They really, really don't like Miggy right now and I'm not sure how to handle it. Pooney and Tash are 3 and Rosie and Ray Charles are 10 and 13 and none of them have ever been around dogs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
when we brought Monty home, our 1 year old cat, Milo was very angry with us. He hid for a few days, barely coming out for food. We introduced them a bit slowley...We rubbed Milo's scent onto a towel and put the towel in Monty's crate. We did the same thing with Monty and Milo's bed. eventually, they got used to each others scent, and Milo would come out more to snoop around.

They are now used to each other. They still fight sometimes, and Milo tends to hide in high places, but i think they're fine. sometimes we come home from work and find them cuddled up together on the couch!

Unfortunatly, Monty seems to think that Milo's litter box is his food dish...still trying to discurage him from that!! (i know...eeewwww!!)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Miggy is so adoreable! Your cats are beautiful. I would guess your cats are just upset that Miggy is invading their territory. They will get used to each other over time. They need to show Miggy who is boss.

·
Registered
555 Posts
They don't always like it, but they do get used to it. I just got a new kitten. The dog is fine with it, but the other cats are POed. Things have calmed down & they will in your house too. They just have to figure out Miggy is no threat.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I can't offer advice about this since our Miss Priss has raised and trained all the dogs we have now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I love the cat in the pictue just below Miggy...that expression says it all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts