Our Beagle World Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
:sad:

Oh no. That's not what any of us were hoping for I know.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I know. She seems stable right now. We are thinking of getting a 2nd X-ray sometime soon.
techie

·
Registered
977 Posts
Xerxes and the whole crew are crossing their paws! Keep us updated as you can <3

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Hi hon! Just checking in on you and Rascal. Sending prayers and hugs!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We just got our 2nd round of prednizone to start today and haven't had time to discuss the situation.

I will get back with more news when I have it. The pills seemed to make Rascals' breathing easier though.
techie

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I just found out we have an appointment Monday at 2:30 PM. I will know more after that.
techie

·
Registered
977 Posts
Keep us updated please...we're all thinking of you. In the meantime, I'm glad the pills are helping her.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Update on Rascal
We have her on a diuretic now to help dry out her lungs.
We will give her a prednizone tab every other dry.
The vet said when she gets bad. She won't be in pain. She will just show a lot of malaise.
techie

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I forgot to mention. The vet told us she most frequently saw lung cancer in dogs where it had metastasized from somewhere else in the body. If her previous humans were heavy smokers that could be it too. Oregon has one of the highest rates of Radon too. It's impossible to know :(

techie

·
Registered
977 Posts
It is impossible to know. When Esme our cat got cancer I tortured myself with why but in the end there's not much we can do about it but love them for the time left.

I'm glad she won't be in pain.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I can't find my update thread :( Rascal seems worse the last few days. Oh I am NOT ready for this!
techie

·
Registered
977 Posts
Oh no. I hope she has an upswing techie. Sending hugs if you want them and my guys all send kisses.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I can't find my update thread :( Rascal seems worse the last few days. Oh I am NOT ready for this!
techie
Im really sorry Techie! It's never easy. My mom has lung cancer. She was in remission and now it's come back. It's not an easy road with our pets or adults. I send you all the good vibes, hugs thoughts that I can. So very sorry!

·
Registered
977 Posts
How is Rascal doing, @techie ?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts