Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been here much lately. We just found out about a half hour ago that Rascal has cancer all over her lungs. I was hoping for a combination of kennel cough and bronchitis.
Sh also has swallowed a rock:eek: It's just sitting there in her stomach. The little Rascal:eek: They are going to feed her lot to try to make her vomit it up so it won't go to her intestines.
She always makes us smile even through our tears.
techie

·
Registered
977 Posts
Oh techie <3 I have no adequate words. I am so sorry. I know we've never met, and I only know Rascal through you, but she's so special I'm teary. Treasure the good moments, I hope she pukes the rock up, and I know you will make her comfortable and take good care of her.

I am so sorry. My whole crew sends arooos and kisses to Rascal and you (and hubby). You guys are all in our thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear the news. We love Rascal! {{Hugs}}

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Oh sweetie. I am so sorry to hear this news. You have given Rascal a wonderful life. Praying for that rock to come up or out - one way or the other. Praying for Rascal to be comfortable. Praying for you and hubby to have peace, through this very difficult time. Sending really big hugs!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I'm so sorry!!!! Rascal has left his paw-prints on all of our hearts - just a beagle thing to do, I guess. Sending hugs and prayers for all of you!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We will get surgery for the rock. I bet she liked the eating part :D but not the puking part.
techie

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Goodness so sorry to hear about Rascal's health problems. Cassie sends hugs, kisses, and aahhroos!
Keep us posed please.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yes, please keep us posted. And take gentle care.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The vet called back. She said she didn't think Rascal would survive the surgery. Rascal is doing very well on the steroid. Sh e isn't coughing as hard now. So I guess it's just enjoy our Rascal while we can.
techie

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm sorry techie. I think enjoying her and spoiling her rotten sound like a great idea. Memories to cherish. Sending hugs if you want them.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I'm so sorry. Sophie sends snuggles and licks. Keeping you in our thoughts - sending hugs.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rascal is doing very well on the steroid. We are hoping for a mis-diagnosis. We are starting the steroid taper today. We will take her back when that is done and figure out our next steps. We don't want to spoil too much the rascal will take advantage of us :D

techie

·
Registered
977 Posts
This makes me really happy to hear! Here's hoping for a misdiagnosis.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We can always hope for the best and prepare for the worst. That's a saying I learned when I was Dxd with MS (That is the brain lesions are no longer there :D )
techie

·
Registered
977 Posts
It's so true! (And yay no more brain lesions...here's hoping the same luck with Rascal!)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts