Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new crate for my pup. I had him in the plastic travelling crate. I put him in there at night. Anyways last night he was chewing around the wired crate and his mouth was stuck. He made this ear piercing cry. I jumped off the couch and was almost in tears /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif . Then again this morning he was chewing around and his mouth was shut in between the wires. My boyfriend and I tried to get him ustuck and we did but it took awhile. My poor baby!! Then he had an indent on his top mouth. Is there something I can get so he does not put his mouth in between the metal wire? I know there is a spray for chewing but would it work for this? I work during the day and now I'm afraid to put him in the new crate.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
The same thing happened when Maggie was little. I put her in the crate because I was deep frying in the kitchen and didn't want to take a chance of her getting burned while running underfoot. I heard her shrieking like she was in terrible pain. When I ran in her teeth were stuck on the bar. After that I bought a large plastic type crate. Now the plastic crate is in the living room in case we need to put her in for a short time and the wire crate is in the bedroom for sleeping. Now that she is older she doesn't chew the bars, or maybe her mouth is too big. After that first scare I never left her in the wire crate unless we were with her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts