Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Menolly is now five months old! (sorry, no new pics.
)

She is now 12 1/2 inches tall and weighs- are you ready for this?- 18 lbs!
She's the size of her dad already; and she's not even done growing yet!

I have discovered her dislike of water is slective. She hates baths and getting sprayed by the water bottle, but loves rain, still water, and especially puddles.

She regularly takes naps in her crate now. It's oronic; I was forcing it on her the first few weeks, but now that I've backed off, she uses it on her own! She even sleeps half the night in there, half in my bed.

Her housetraining has become FAIRLY reliable. She goes two or three weeks now without an accident, and then she'll either forget and piddle in the dining room or I'll forget to open the doggie door.
We've gone halfway through our second bottle of carpet cleaner and through about three jumbo rolls of paper towels just in the past month. She only poops indoors very rarely, and then only if I forget to let her out.

She evidently takes her time 'de-stuffing' things; he favorite toy, a stuffed bone, just started loosing stuffing last week. Unfortunately she also loves 'de-stuffing' the couch.

As far as training goes, she knows 'sit', 'down', and 'sit pretty' perfectly now. Her 'stay', 'give', and 'come' are coming along nicely. 'crate' is hit and miss most of the time. She's started learning 'heel', which usually isn't too hard for her as she heels naturally. Along with 'sit pretty', I've started teaching her several tricks, such as 'take a bow', 'dance', 'crawl', and 'jump' (onto a series of milk crates).

One is for sure, she LOVES her comfort! If I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, when I come abck she'll be in the most comfortable spot, looking at me innocently. She's also taken to stealing pillows and blankets. Thank goodness most of then won't fit out the doggie door.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chloe's Mommy- You tell her to 'sit', and then 'sit pretty', moving the treat you're holding up over her head- but not too high- so she has to sit up on her haunches to keep it in sight.

I'll tell you what- I'll take a video of her tricks to show you how she's coming along.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I definitely want to see sit pretty!

LOL on stealing the pillows!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sounds like Menolly's doing great.
Li'l Girl does the sit pretty thing when she wants something. I never taught her to do it. She just did it one day, and must have liked my response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts