Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, now I know why new moms are always so exhausted...

I think I've lost a totaly of ten hours' sleep in three nights.
Last night the poor pup threw up. She's fine now.

I think she likes the outdoors WAAAY too much! She's out there more than half the time she's awake! I don't mind the fact she likes the backyard so much (in fact I'm sort of releived), but what I don't like is all the bugs. She's got a few bites on her chest already and an ant got her good a day or two ago on her paw.
She's also had her first bath; she found a mud puddle and went to town.

Her and the cat have some differences to iron out. The first day Ellie was madder than a wet hen, hissing and spitting and growling. Now she's doing better, mostly hiding whenever the dog comes around. It doesn't help that Menolly thinks chasing Ellies is the funnest thing since Backyard Zoomies. We're trying to keep them behaving, but it's not easy.

With as much frustration as she's caused from me, the love, comfort, and laughter has outweighed it by a mile. Everyone in the family absolutely adores her (except my nephew; he's kind of scared of her!) and we'd all totally forgotten how fulfilling it is to have a dog again.

She has her very first vet visit (with us, anyway!) on Saturday. In about a month I'll make an appointment to have her spayed.

Here's some more pics! The good pictures won't be posted until after the others are develloped! (ack, I need to get a digital camera!) Until then, these should tide you over, LOL.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Carrie, she is just stunning! I love her looks and her expression is so soft

Sounds like you're all settling well with having a pup again

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I had to look at her pictures again, and I think it's adorable the way she has this little heart shape spot on the top of her head when she looks at you

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
She definitely needs to grow into those ears! What a cutie - I just love her markings. And she sounds like a handful but worth every lost moment of sleep... Thanks for letting us all share your excitement over these past months - it has been a great ride for all of us!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I love her! She's such a pretty girl. It does sound like you've got your hands full. You're getting your full initiation into Beagle Mommyhood. It's a lot of work to have a puppy but when they're all curled up sleeping on your lap....it's all worth it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh, she's so adorable! I'm so happy you finally found your beagle and I have no doubt that Menolly is thrilled to have been found by you!

Congratulations, Mommy!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Oh, Carrie, she is adorable!!! That face! So sweet! It sounds like you are having tons of fun!!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Welcome Menolly!! You are just adorable!!! Your markings are lovely, and I'm sure you are just as sweet as you look!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts