Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Menolly is maturing beautifully into a well-behaved young lady...sort of. While she has stopped chewing up the cushions on the furniture, she has now gone for the wood parts.
Since she's stolen the remotes multiple times we've had to put them in a drawer. (one she doesn't know how to open)

Her chewing <span style="font-style: italic">has</span> dimished a great deal, and she is far more receptive to her previous problem commands, like 'off'. While she still steals, it's mostly limited to towels from the linen closet and sale papers. Whenever I put her in her crate, she cries for only about a minute before settling down and going to sleep. She has not had a single accident in well over a month, and she's been so clean during her heat that she's left a grand total of two spots about the size of a thumbtack. Thank goodness her bleeding has stopped.
And yes, I AM planning on getting her spayed at the end of the month.

As always, she's absolutely stellar on her walks. She's gotten along great with all the dogs she's met, thought one male did get rather fresh the day before yesterday. He was a chubby little Chihuahua that darted out from his front yard (no owner around, of course!
) and started sniffing Menolly very intently. Then he wouldn't leave her alone, as if asking 'hey, babe, you come here often?' He was fixed, but still...!
But even when he followed us all the way up to the front door, she was patient and didn't get aggressive at all, just very annoyed. So was I!

But that's how she's been doing.

Sorry there's no pictures, but we're all rather busy packing.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Great news about Menolly, well done. Good luck with your move.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
It sounds like Menolly is making great progress. All of your hard work and patience is paying off.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Menolly sounds as if she's on her way to being as well behaved as Bob's Bagel. Good work! And good job, Menolly!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well. Interesting news about Menolly's spay.

I got kind of discouraged when I found out Dad's employee pricing got doubled since he's only working part-time, but he told me I can pay it in installments.

I can do that.

So as soon as Menolly is over her heat, she's going in to get fixed.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
One would think that employee pricing would be free labor, and payment for medication and supplies only. Sorry you got hit with the double pricing, but glad you'll be able to make payments! Let us know when she goes in!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Does she do tutoring little boys who still haven't learned not to take the papers and spread them all over the floor, not to make beagle sloppy all over mom's clothes, and how to get dad's to remember to let them out BEFORE they piddle?

Cathy,
Casie and Cobi's mom

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just wanted to say I love her name, so pretty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts