Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHEW! It's hard to beleive Menolly is already 7 months old. The oddest part is despite not being able to spay her yet (bad Mommy!
), she doesn't appear to have gone through her heat. No discharges or unsual behavior. She may just be a late-bloomer;. I'm knocking on wood she waits until my super-late check arrives.

Her command training is practically perfect; what needs work is her destructiveness. (is that a word?) She's pretty much stopped chewing on most of the furniture, but continues stealing slippers and shredding the rug; among other things.
She's gone after the internet cable. We covered it up; she ripped up the covering. We practically super-gluded it down and bolted down the ends; she still ripped it up. Dad's talking about getting an aluminum threshold. She has also destroyed two screens (one of them heavy-duty aluminum!) and the battery cover for the TV remote this month. The blanket I had 'loaned' her until getting a 'real' dog bed has taken on the look of Swiss cheese. She ate y Dad's small travel Bible...not only his only other one, but also a gift from Mom when they were first married!
She tore up the weather stripping between the dog door and the sliding glass door; Dad replaced it and covered both sides with aluminum flashing.

By the way, being the good dog owner I am, I am offering to pay for the accumulated damages...so far it's still been under $100, but I'm not holding my breath. Compared to this the $90 obediance class is a bargain.

But she's not all bad; she's getting getnler with Joseph and continues to be funny and affectionate. She's even getting better about chasing the cat.

As promised, here are some pictures. Please forgive the crappy quality. I captured them off the video I took today. At least they're recent.

The perfect pose- practically an AKC shot!

3...2...1...liftoff!!!

an attempt at an action shot

it's so funny when her ears do this

doing what Beagles were bred for...tracking.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Menolly is lookign great Carrie! I'm glad to hear that her training is going well. I know it seems like it will never end but trust me when I tell you...the destruction ends eventually. Jersey chewed everything when she was a puppy. Now I can leave my shoes out in the living room and she doesn't even go near them. All in good time. Tissues or anything paper related, well that's a different story.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Menolly looks beautiful! Healthy and fit

As Jen said, the destruction ends at some point. I hope you get your check soon for her spay surgery. A small tip, there is an organization that is called friends for animals, where you can purchase a coupon that a lot of vets accept for partial payment for the surgery (all info on their website). And there's the Humane Society!

Good luck, and keep those pictures coming (even a poor quality can't take Menolly's beauty away from her).

·
Registered
889 Posts
She's looking great!! I love the image of her leaping.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I love her ears. The chewing will improve. When Maggie was at her worst chewing phase I bought fleece blankets for her bed. This is a great time of year to buy them. I have seen them at Walmart and Fred Meyer for $4. I always keep a couple of new ones in the linen closet, even though Maggie doesn't chew them up any more I like to replace them occasionally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts