Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother is Dillon's MeMaw which is her grandmother nickname. I was in my old bedroom spending the night at my parents' house the other night. While I was watching TV in bed with my boy who was sleeping when he abruptily woke up and pointed his head towards the bedroom door which was about halfway open. He bolted out of the room and I thought he was going to hang out with his Grand-Dad(my dad) who sometimes eats a little snack at the kitchen table at night and Dillon usually likes to stick around there because he knows Grand-Dad will give him a little piece of whatever he was eating for a treat. Anyway, I took my hearing aid off for the night because my ear was really sore that night. I was in my room watching TV thinking Dillon was with his Grand-Dad in the kitchen, and my mother came into my room looking a little upset and said, Dillon woke me up because he is in the den barking. He was barking because he either heard other neighborhood dogs barking or he sensed a predator or trespasser walking around the property. And I had no idea he was barking because I couldn't hear him at all with him in another room. If he were barking in my room, yes I would be able to hear him.

I said to Dillon, You got me in trouble with MeMaw tonight, Dillon. Thank you for waking her up. And he gave me the look that sarcastically said, You're welcome

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is why I am afraid to have my parents keep Baxter when the hubby and I take our yearly honeymoon.
I am sure she wont appreciate the arooo'ing like we do!
He is a good watchdog! I am wowed at these beagles smell and hearing..it really is amazing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts