Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
This forum seemed really awesome so I decided to give it a try. My beloved Henry is a beagle mix that I think is pretty uncommon. He is a Beagle/German Shepherd mix (we think!) He looks basically like a foxhound but is colored just like a black and tan bicolor shepherd. Really cute. My computer is somewhat junky so pictures will take awhile. I've had him about 5 months now after adopting him at approx 1 year of age. He's a really wonderful dog who's had two owners before me; my home, however, is probably the best fit, lol. I'm a 20 year old college student who loves to jog, hike, kayak, and mountain bike. Henry does all these things with me and is a joy to train. I grew up with 2 English Cockers that I trained myself and did field work with. Henry basically acts like your typical cute beagle except for that fact that he does not vocalize at all, save for occasional whining. He can bark and yap and play growl, he just chooses not to lol! He tracks and digs and air scents, all without giving tongue. It's interesting. I guess that's about it. Sniffs from Henry!

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Welcome to BW.

I'm glad you like the forum. We are intending put up a new forum to make it easier for every one to place their pictures here and have an easier time. Pretty much where the donations are going too, LOL.

I find it very hard these days to have a user computer that is working properly without help so I know what you are going through with your computer. I blew up my computer several weeks ago and have wires soldered all over my mother board to allow it to work, yes I know I'm sad, LOL. Anyway the customer proceeds have come in and I should have enough to get a new computer this week end, crosses fingers, and perhaps be up and running again without a prayer.

I look forward to seeing photo's and if you need any help just bark out and we all will do our best.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome, and I'll really be looking forward to seeing pictures of Henry! Thank you for adopting this sweet boy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome! Henry sounds like a great "furkid" - can't wait to see pictures.
I'm pretty new here, but just love it. I'm owned by ten beagles - I got "hooked" about 7 1/2 years ago when I bought my granddaughter a beagle puppy. Now I'm addicted!
Big hugs & puppy kisses,

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome to our pack! Your baby sounds great--can't wait for pics.

Looking forward to learning more about Henry and you.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW. We look forward to hearing all about Henry and hope you do manage some photos.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys!
Yeah, I just couldn't resist him when I saw him. The shelter I got him from is pretty small and doesn't always have adult dogs. (Everyone always wants a puppy, but I've been there done that! LOL) Henry was sitting as still as a statue in his kennel, and he had this amazing calm expectant vibe just coming out of him. He came home with me 30 minutes later! He was given up by an elderly couple when he just got to be too big. He was a little undersocialized, but housebroken, crate trained, and super loving. Best $120 I ever spent!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts