Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, folks! I'm a newbie with a little pup on my hands. About a month and a half ago, my boyfriend and I bought a house. We then brought Mister Spock home to make him a part of our family, and we're so glad we did.

Spock is now 17 weeks old, just shy of 10 pounds, and the apple of my eye. He's the first dog we've ever really had as our own, though my family has had dogs for years (and my grandma's beagle-basset hound Bullwinkle inspired my boyfriend to settle on a beagle when we were looking into adopting a pet).

I've read through a couple of books on beagles and training, and I've had some experience helping friends who were putting their dogs through obedience class homework exercises (I guess that's how you'd classify it!), so I've got some idea on raising a dog...but it's so great to find a community about my specific breed so I can find out a little more of what to expect from my little man as he grows up.

I've got a whole gallery of his pictures up on Flickr attached to my signature. I upload new pictures all the time because I'm a dork who loves to show people pictures of my smart, sweet, loveable little guy ^_^ I look forward to reading about everybody's beagles and learning more about the breed. Thanks! Also, I hope these pictures aren't too large

This is my boy, Spock, with 2 of his approximately 2.3 billion puppy toys.

And this is him moments before he crawled up on mommy's back. Uhh...

And these are my grandma's dogs Bullwinkle (the standing up/winking beagle-basset) and Dusty (shitzu pomeranian mix).

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Your baby is a cutie. Love the picture of your grandma's dogs too. I will look forward to more stories about Mister Spock.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I've heard it said many times that the reason babies and Beagles are so cute is because they get into so much trouble that if they weren't that adorable, we might kill them. I hate to tell you this, but I think your little guy might be quite the hellion as he grows because he is one of the cutest little Beagle buddies out there.

·
Registered
991 Posts

A big welcome to Beagle World! Mr. Spock is a little doll. He has that beagley look-out-world-here-I-come expression ready or not. You are going to have a ball with him. I love your Grandmother's dogs. They look well loved and happy. I know we beg for lots of pictures, but please indulge us. Years down the road you will be glad, they grow up so fast, you do not want to miss a moment.

·
Registered
751 Posts
how adorable! Welcome.

Uh oh, your pup was 10 pounds at 17 weeks???? Mine must be a biggie then because he is 17 pounds at 17 weeks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to BW ! :wave: Took a look at the photos you have on Flicker and Spock is one cute little guy ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif You may want to invest in a video camera for these "zoomies" because they are really humorous. Good luck! I know you will be glad he choose you as his pack ! :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave: Welcome to Beagle World and a big welcome arroooo to Mr. Spock. He is adorable and seems to be very indulged but you. I do really love the picture of Bullwinkle also.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW. :wave: Your Spock is adorable, and I always enjoy seeing pictures of honorary beagles since I have three (4 counting the cat). /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Spock is adorable! We have a firm belief around here that nothing is cuter than a Beagle puppy. Here is some more proof! :biglaugh: Welcome to BW.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Greetings to everyone :wave:

Awwww... Spock is a cutie! Bullwinkle looks like he's closing his eyes in anticipation of a surprise /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW. What a wonderful little chap Mister Spock is! Also love the photo of your grandmas dogs. Enjoy your puppy and please keep us updated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello from Hooper Doo . I too like your grams have a basset Beagle rescue. Hes just great and the focus of our life. We do everything around our furbabie and it looks like you do too. BW Has been great so far (Im New) Super nice people with tons of info.
I looked at the pics on flickr and WOW is Spock CUTE . Are you lucky to have bought a new house ! Congrats to you and your hubby. Homeowning is a wonderful feeling ( until something breaks ) then you wish you had a landlord to call....LOL . Anyway Welcome

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.