Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we finally got to bring her home today. We've decided to name her Chamois (pronounced Shamee). Our first dog is Squeegee, named because my husband is a window cleaner so we decided to carry on the tradition of work related names.

So far she's been very timid, as expected. She won't go to the kitchen so I brought her some food and water in her little hiding place and she wolfed it down. We let her meet Squeegee outside first and they sniffed and seemed fine. Once we got inside he has just been hopping around her arooing at her while she lays under the table and looks at him. She is allowing us to pet her and isn't shaking anymore so there's some progress. Hopefully as the day goes on she'll get comfortable enough to take a nap. Here are some pictures:

http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/ss132/vkschoch/Chamois/

She's obviously mixed with something but I just can't figure out what it is.

·
Registered
865 Posts
First of all, Vicki, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name!! How cute is the combo of Squeegee and Chamois??? And so original!! Chamois is a cutie! I'm not sure what she is mixed with, but she definitely looks like a beagle!!

I look forward to hearing about Chamois getting settled in to her forever home!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chamois is very pretty

My first thought was Rhodesian Ridgeback, but then I figured they are too big to mate with a Beagle (maybe?).... I have a feeling it's a dog from the hound group.

Either way, she looks very sweet

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
She is beautiful, and I wish you the best with your new addition, I am sure she will warm up just nicely!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
That is one beautiful beagle mix, more beagle than anything. Give her time, she will settle in and slowly get id of any baggage she is carrying. Again, thank you so much for rescuing her.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
She's pretty! I love that you carried on the naming tradition. She does look like she's got Ridgeback in her or definitely some hound.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Love the name, love the new arrival! Are the pictures posted newest first? If so, I think I can almost see her relaxing in the pictures already... which probably bodes well for her in the long run. Good luck and keep us posted with lots of pictures!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BookerMoose, Yeah the newest ones are on the right and the most recent on the left. Thank you all for the encouragement on both the name and on bringing her home. She seems to be much more comfortable with Squeegee already and a maybe a little more comfortable with us. She and Squeegee were rolling around and wrestling already but she still runs whenever we approach her.

·
Registered
959 Posts
She is adorable. I am sure after a few days with you, she will settle in and be like she's been there forever. Good luck!

·
Registered
366 Posts
She is beautiful! And what a creative name. I love it!

·
Registered
605 Posts
She is a beautiful girl! Thank you for adopting her!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts