Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sons Beagle, Bama, has always been somewhat of a loner. As a pup, he often times would go under our bed and get behind the headboard supports for some solitude. I would just about have to take bed apart to get him out.

My son's wife called him in a panic; "Bama, is gone, I can't find him anywhere". She jumped in the car to drive around the neighborhood looking for him and calling his name.

After ending her search for him, she came home. She went into the masterbathroom to gather the laundry, and guess what she found? Yep, she found Bama. He had jumped in to the tub, curled up and went to sleep.

This just cracked me up when he related the story to us. I can just picture Bama laughing under his breath. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Silly Beagles

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
That is so funny!! Miss Shiloh would never willingly jump into the source of her "horrible " (to her) bath times (even if she could make that leap!) but our cats love to get into the tub.I always keep my shower curtain closed, and let me tell you--there is nothing more disconcerting then to think you're alone doing your thing in the bathroom and then hear rustling from behind the curtain! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Depending upon the material your bathtub is made of, it could be that they are looking for somewhere cool to lay. I know in our old house that the bathtub was always cold to the touch.

Also my dogs love their people and are always within eyesight of us, but they do find places to lay that they know they are out of the way and won't be stepped on. Perhaps your household had a lot of activity that day and the dog was a little nervous about being tripped over.

Who knows. I sure wish they could actually talk to us and tell us why they do the things they do.

·
Registered
862 Posts
My Boeing is a 'Peeping Tom.' Sometimes when I'm using the bathroom, he'll peep through a small crack at the bottom of the bathroom door. I know it because my mom says, "Hey, the nasty guy's at it again!!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif He never likes solitude, just wants to be with people all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts