Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gem and Holly have made a new friend. It's a female from the same breeder as Holly. Her name is Louise. Louise had a friend with her when they met up this morning. She was a little westie. Unfortunately the woods where we go have been pretty boggy with all the rain we have had and this is the result.

Louise is the one at the back.
Plus a nice one of Gem for good measure. I don't know if you will agree but I think she looks startlingly similar to Judymaggies Maggie.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
She does look very similary to Maggie except she has a rounder snout than Maggie.

Wow...it's clear what boggy means. That little Westie needs a good bath.

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The Bagel and I took one look at the Westie and both agreed, the Westie had been having lots of fun. Mud and muck is rarity here in the desert but when the Bagel finds some, he makes the most of it!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That first picture is priceless! My brother and sister-in-law have a Westie, and I think he'd love to be able to get that dirty. The Westie they had before used to come spend a couple of weeks with us during the summer. We always said those were the only times she got to be a real dog. She enjoyed every minute, and within a few days was far from white. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif I always tried to bathe her before she was picked up to go home. :lol2:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hi, Hilary! Love the picture of everyone together -- I noticed a similarity between Gem and my Maggie in the photo of the pups in the poppy fields you posted the other day. How old is Gem?
Maggie loves to swim and I expect she would have liked the bog!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Judy, Gem just turned five in June. How old is Maggie?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Maggie turned 12 in June -- she's got a few on Gem! Maggie's white face and white eyelashes are from age -- I suspect Gem had more white on her face right from birth. Maggie only had white on her muzzle when she was younger. I don't have a scanner to scan her "younger" pictures but here is a picture of a portrait I had done from them:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It looks like they really enjoyed that mud! Especially that Westie.

Judy, I love that portrait of Maggie. You'll have to give me the artists name who did it for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts