Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ok it's just a routine vet appointment...but it's the big one his nuetering appt. I know he needs to have this done but I feel so bad for the little guy. I woke him up this morning to bring him into the vet before work (he usually sleeps in quite late with my bf) and he was way excited to see his collar and leash, which usually means a walk or the dog park (he is a naked doggy in the house my bf always takes his collar off) got in the car and got to the vet and was way excited to get in the back, he saw all the dogs and of course thought it was play time. I just hate the thought of him being in a kennel wondering where we are before his surgery, my boyfriend and I work different shifts so he is only kenneled if we go out at night and he sleeps the whole time.

I can't help but worry about him and I know I will all day at work till I see him when I get home. We put off his appointment as long as possible, he's going to be a year old next month so it was time to bring him in. GOOD NEWS though although he wont be happy bout missing the dog park this week and playing with his buddy, he is getting his bordatella shot so in the next few weeks I'm thinking about starting up a "special day" for him and bringing him to doggy daycare once a week, we have an awesome one in town that has tons of toys and you can watch them on webcam. He is also getting his microchip, Eric agreed to it becuase we allow him off the leash at his dads farm and I said I'd be more comfortable with it if he had a microchip just in case.

Kind of on an offtopic, Eric and I were talking yesterday and we DO NOT understand how people can have abandon there pets, we were at his dad's house and left max inside to run over to his gma's, we were gone max 20 minutes max ran hollowing (even though there was 4 people still in the house and another dog) and was almost unconsolable when we came back to get him he was so afraid we left him. He is my baby I shudder just at the thought of him sitting somewhere wondering why we left and when we were coming back. Gosh he's only at the vet for the day and I'm having a hard time /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/alien1.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Just think how pleased he will be to see you. I think we owners suffer more than our dogs at these times!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just had to take time at work to answer this. I am so like you - sort of putting feelings there (my own) about how I would feel about this. Well, from what I understand about a dog's way of thinking - their dissapointment (if there is any) only lasts for a very minute span of time. You know - I can say all the logical things I mite but I do totally understand where you are coming from. I took Shasta in for her spay back on the 16th of February - just last month. I too put it off (she will be 17 months this month) - I had never had a female registered dog and I kept thinking about the slight possibility of breeding her but again, my logic overuled. It was not good for her - she would be healthier - I'm not financially able to care for her and the pups the way they need - my house is not set up for a mama dog with a litter then not me having the time to properly adopt them out.
Anyway, first the way she acted when I put the leash on - "Oh yea, we're going for a walk". Then she saw my sis drive up - "Oh yea, car ride". Then we got to the vet, "Oh yea, I get to play with all the people - they are so nice and give me treats". Then after you leave, you feel terrible - first because in a way you feel like you betrayed your dog then the worrying begins. But, then when I went to pick her up - it was like nothing happened and that is one of the greatest things we humans could ever learn from our dogs - "Yes, this happened but that was then and you know what, I survived and I'm happy cause there is someone here who really loves me alot and they're gonna take care of me". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/PuppyEyes.gif See, I told you what I do sometimes with a dog's way of thinking - or is it my way of thinking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

ps - let us know how Max is please - good thoughts and healing wishes are with you both

1 - 3 of 3 Posts