Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we knew when he was a baby he could escape becuase he found a hole that was just big enough for him to sqeeze through in the fence we mended it and thought that was the end of our problems. Winter came (we live in ND) and it snowed so we never knew if he could push through the fence anywhere becuase of the frozen ground, we assumed we were good. Well guess not the sneaky little bugger found a way through.

I went home for lunch yesterday and my boyfriend told me yeah you can't let max out anymore unsupervised. Apparently Eric was sitting in the house and he heard max baying and it seemed far away, he went outside to call him assuming he was on the side farthest from the house max never came so he went in the fence and found Max missing. He followed the baying/howling and found him in the alley at the end of the block howling at a neighbors dog /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif. Thank god he went towards downtown and didn't go the other way since there's a busy main street two streets down.

Eric let him out a little later to see if he could see how he has getting out. So Eric let max in the fence and walked around to the other side of the house to watch, apparently he said max just pushed the fence out a sqeezed under eric saw him sniffing around and went over to him when Max saw him he looked at the fence and realized he wouldnt make it back under in time and he was busted so rolled over on his back and tucked his tail /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/animal18.gif

I guess his ground chain thingy from petco is going back in the yard till we can figure out how to fix the fence

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
How scary! I caught Duke trying to dig a hole under the very back corner of our fence last weekend. Luckily, he's only outside when we're home to supervise, but he still manages to get into trouble.

Hope you can get your fence issues fixed soon, for your own peace of mind!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Back at my parents house Maggie somehow always finds a place to sneak out and let me tell you, when we are standing on the right side of the fence and she tries to sneak back in from the wrong side of the fence, the guilt on her face is priceless!! She ducks her head down and her tail is tucked tight! Good luck with the fixing the fence!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts