Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried canine massage for your dog? I'm a certified massage therapist and I'm looking into a home study course in canine massage. Charlee would get to be my guinea pig thru the course as well getting video taped being massaged for the final exam. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and how your pet responded.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Shiloh B. loves his - after our visits to the nursing home or where ever we go, I try to usually spend a few minutes or more giving him a massage.
He just lays there - I will watch as I massage him - that is a good time to watch for any problems from too much time visiting but it is also a good way for him to unwind after his visits. Or with Shasta B., after she has done a lot of hard playing/running - I will try to get her to relax a little with a massage (the emphasis here is on the try - she usually wants to keep on playing). Another good time for a massage is after a good brisk walk.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
There is a woman locally who does canine massage. She works three days a week at a local pet supply store and it looks as though she is always busy so people must be pleased with the results they are getting. My friend takes her agility dogs in a few times a month and they love it. I haven't tried with Maggie. I don't think she would take well to a massage from a stranger.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Our nearest animal clinic has a massage section for dogs.they wanted us to take Snoopy there because of his neck problems.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheryl, I looked into that site, but the home course is not for professional level training. Plus the home study course won't give me any CEU credits for my massage license. I found a good one based out of Colorado and the curriculum is pretty extensive and they give you up to 18 months to finish it. I have a class to take first for human massage (LOL!) then I'll look into canine. Thanks everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts