Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as you can tell we survived the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge. It took 2 days and 650 driving miles. Friday night, the Sheraton Inner Harbor was nice though the staff needs courtesy lessons. We were off the next morning

Cheaspeake Lightship

Seven Foot Knoll (old pic)

Fort Washington Light (Sorry, Frani chopped off the top).

Piney Point Light

Summer taking a walk along Piney Point's beach.

Point Lookout (old pic - The light is on a National Park and in this section dogs are not allowed out of their vehicles.)

Drum Point Light

Cove Point Light

That was all the lights we could make on day one. By this time Summer and Murphy were REALLY tired... of getting their pictures taken.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We spent the night at the Tilghman Island Inn. A very nice inn that is VERY dog friendly. We had dinner in the bar with Summer & Murphy. The house dog (a standard black poodle names Jasmine) visited, then fell asleep on one of the lounge chairs while another lady brought in her Maltese to have a drink at the bar. We were off and running the next morning.

Hooper Strait Light

Turkey Point Light - Summer & Murphy like the mile long hike through the woods to get to the light.

Corcord Point Light - the last light on the challenge.

After all these lights and a badly misinformed GPS unit, we actually finished second at this light, and we didn't even try.

Well, next month is the New Jersey Lighthouse Challenge. Summer & Murphy are old hat with this one. They have done it twice before.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
What beautiful scenery !! I love the northeastern coastline.

My favorite shot is the Piney Point lighthouse !! It looks like you had a great time and 2 very tired beagles !!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Great photos! Makes me want a 2nd Beagle... can I tell the hubby it's all your fault if he comes home to a second some day? :biglaugh:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great pictures, as usual. Murphy and Summer are looking good, and I especially like the picture of Summer on the beach. :heart:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Great pics as normal :thumbup: . I like the way Murphy is sitting at Drum Point Light /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think those beagles have been to more attractions than I have! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I'd love to do that one day, take some beagles (by the time we do it, it won't be our current beagles) on a trip around Australia and take their photo at all the sites.

Great pictures, and Summer and Murphy sure do look like they enjoyed themselves!

(... Erin)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by barking mad:
Great pics as normal :thumbup: . I like the way Murphy is sitting at Drum Point Light /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Same here, looks like a old man bent over! Lol

·
Registered
807 Posts
Great fotos! What a fun family activity. We just got a GPS but it will probably be quite a while before I figure out how to use it!! Thanks for sharing. Julie

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Those are such beautiful pictures! I am jealous. Wish I could go see all those in person. Murphy and Summer look exhausted but like they had fun!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The way Murphy is sitting at Drum Point is the way he normally sits since his injury 8 years ago, its from being partially paralyzed. We have noticed Summer sitting like that from time to time since her back surgery.

As for the GPS, do not trust it completely. When we were going to Fort Washington Light, I entered the longitude and latitude coordinates. You would think since it is set to "car/motorcycle" it would stick to roads. Instead of staying in Maryland, it took us into Virginia and we went south along the western side of the Potomac river. Once it got as close to the coordinates as it could, it said "TURN LEFT", not "TURN LEFT ON such and such STREET" Just "TURN LEFT". A left turn at that moment would make us drve through a median, across on coming traffic, down an embankment, into the Potomac river. I guess it assumed my Subaru can float as well. It took an hour and I needed a paper map to re-rout myself back on course, luckily I had one. And yes, I called Garmin and explained to them the error or their unit. The service rep. thought is was funny too.

The moral is: Always know where you are going ahead of time and never completely trust technology.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Beautiful pictures!
Did you do a search on lighthouses on line and started your journey?
Some day I would like to do that with my husband.
Agree with you with the GPS, I usually print out a direction from mapquest along with the GPS. At times the GPS would say a different street name than the map said, even scarier, the street name on the freeway exit sign is different from what it's telling you! My guess is we just need a update on the GPS the info is old, all we need is to purchase a upgrade disk from them and install the info back on. But I just purchase the darn GPS couple of months ago!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome home!! Loved seeing all the pictures, especially since Summer and Murphy look like they had a fabulous trip -- especially like the Drum Point Light pic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool. I live in Maryland fairly close to Piney Point and Point Lookout. Those beagles look so happy.Great pictures.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts