Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone give these to their beags/dogs?
I went to the grocery store and got an 8 pack.
Baxter LOVESSSSS them. I was hoping it would give him something to do while in his crate (didnt work).
They last forever and dont splinter. And they dont give Baxter the trots (like most things do).

The only thing i do not know is how high in calories they are.

They get a thumbs up from me

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I often give the 9-pack marrow bones - they love them, and don't cause them any tummy problems. They keep them occupied for quite a while. I think they're super treats and I don't worry about calories - have no idea what the calorie count is - but doubt if it's very high. If you're concerned about calories, you can cut back a bit on other treats - or even a little on his kibble.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Eleanor, Tanna had apparently never been given a real bone - and neither had Lottie - but both soon learned what to do with them - and now they're as eager as the rest of the pack for bones.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Chloe's MommyI gave it to Chloe once, and she immediately buried it in the carpet, covered with imaginary dirt, the works.
I didn't bother buying another one.
LOL! Jersey does the same thing. I haven't given her one in a long time for the same reason. Does Chloe move her Burried Treasure if she thinks that you've seen her hiding place? Jersey does that all the time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That is funny!

I gave Ben a raw chicken spine a few weeks ago and he had NO IDEA what to do with it. At forst he was affraid of it! Then he got really cranky b/c he wanted to bury it int he backyard and we wouldn't let him out. So he tried to bury it in the couch...outside was a better option! A few days later he dug it up and enjoyed it while lying in the sun. Gross.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Originally Posted By: jen-n-jersey
Originally Posted By: Chloe's MommyI gave it to Chloe once, and she immediately buried it in the carpet, covered with imaginary dirt, the works.
I didn't bother buying another one.
LOL! Jersey does the same thing. I haven't given her one in a long time for the same reason. Does Chloe move her Burried Treasure if she thinks that you've seen her hiding place? Jersey does that all the time.
Booker doesn't try to hide marrow bones (I think she likes them too much to save them for later, plus she knows that there are too many other hungry mouths to find them...) but she does do that with pig ears, and definitely gets into a state if she thinks we are watching her hide it. So funny!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Our four seem to love the marrow bones, but the girls attack them first and the boys tend to grab the leftovers. Weird! They do lay around in the yard and get covered in dirt sometimes, but the dogs don't seem to care. When they get too small I pick them up and throw them away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts