Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who know me i have 2 beagles and 1 labX.
Well recently Kona has started marking all over my house,It is so bad i can be facing eviction(We are not on a lease because we are moving hopefully in a few months).This is a new behavior for him more or less started 3ish weeks ago.
I am at a loss what to do and of course since he is doing it my LabX just started a few days ago too.....
How do i get urine out of my furniture?It stinks horribly in here no matter what i do(my landlord is really upset)She trusted me and allowed me to have all the dogs.The vet gave Kona a clean bill of health too at first i thought UTI.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Vinegar and water in a spray bottle half and half should help with the smell. I like to use Folex for the stains or something else I just found called kids n pets, found it at walmart it works well for stains and odor and doesn't have soap in it so it doesn't get sticky and dirty the carpet/furniture more. As for why he is doing it I can't help there but I'm sure someone else can. Good luck

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have alot of experience with pet stains. After we got Ben one of my cats started peeing everywhere. It was horrible. He is medicated now.

I use an enzyme cleaner (Petsmart carries many different brands).

I have also found that rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide work well (test the area first though).

To get the moisture out of fabrics cover the area with baking soda or salt and let it sit a few hours. Vacuum it up.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Sorry I don't have any suggestions (other than that Nature's Miracle is great stuff). Do you think it might be tied to Sadie - doesn't the timing of when it started sort of match up with when she passed away?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are your dogs spayed and/or neutered? My male was marking when my female was getting ready to come into heat. Unfortunately, since they were both show dogs I could not spay or neuter. I recently retired my male so he was neutered. Since he was neutered he quit marking. I also basically had to start over with his housebreaking. He was on a short leash attached to my hip at all times. When he couldn't be attached to me he was crated. He is 3 years old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts