Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do the boys start to lift their legs and pee everywhere?

at the moment Glover boy squats or just stands there and lets go... lovely.. lol

xx
K

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Caleb was about a year old when he cocked his leg. Mind you he still thinks he is a puppy!!!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I don't remember how old Pooh Bear was when he started to lift his leg. He squatted to pee just like Sadie when they were puppies. Don't worry, he will start doing it when it is time.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Spencer is 3 and still squats. I much prefer that, he doesn't mark his territory ever. I had him fixed at 4.5 months and my vet at the time told me that if you fix them before they start to lift, then they may never do it. I was all for that!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I heard it was macho male thing. Caesar didn't start lifting his leg until he was over a year. It was after we left him at the kennel for 2 weeks and he spent a lot of time with other dogs. He still squats to pee sometimes though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
This seems to vary a lot . My Shiloh is 2 1/2 and he will still do either !

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not worried at all! much prefer him to squat!

I will be getting him fixed at 6 months

xx
K

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
my male mutt still squats and he is 5 years old.....I'm hoping he won't start lifting.....

·
Registered
751 Posts
Marley is 7 months and squats. My Charlie angel was almost 10 when he passed on and squatted til his last day. Neither have ever tried urinating on something like a tree, hydrant, etc. They both squat/squatted on the lawn.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My bulldog also squatted until he passed on. I guess I am just used to dogs not lifting their leg!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Blue, at five months, still has not and now that the snow is right up to his belly, he has decided he doesn't even need to expend the energy to squat!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts