Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come to the conclusion that Miss Shiloh is just not very sociable. I have recently joined a group of dog owners in my town that is trying to get a dog park built here. We've had a couple of dog-oriented activities that I've helped at, and the first one I brought Shiloh along to mingle with the other dogs. She was okay with them, sniffed noses and all, (as long as they didn't sniff her butt) but mostly just wanted to be with me, or go off and sniff. Today we took her to a new dog treat bakery that's opened, and there were quite a few dogs there. Again, she touched noses with a few, but mostly didn't pay much attention to the other dogs. It was rather a small shop, and pretty crowded, so my hubby took Shiloh and stood off to one side while I shopped. He said that she mostly ignored the other dogs. He said, She was only interested in one thing in that store, and that you. Awwwww:) Shiloh seems to like the next door neighbor lab, Holly, and whenever Holly runs over to the yard Shiloh wags and sniffs her nose, then goes back to sniffing the ground. And Holly goes back to running around. She liked Max, the Australian Shepard who lived down the street, and always watched for him. But again, after that first greeting, it was back to sniffing the ground. Several people have mentioned taking their babes to visit other dogs, and how much they enjoy playing together. So is Shiloh just antisocial? Did I not socialize her enough as a puppy? She did grow up with 2 other dogs in our family, but our standard poodle Coco, who was her best friend, has been gone now for many years, and she and our other poodle, Misty, enjoyed a hate-hate relationship till the day Misty died! Does anybody else's beag react this way to other dogs?

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, everybody!! I guess my baby just likes her mommy. I have this great t-shirt that I ordered from CafePress that says At least my dog loves me!

Eve, going to a dog park is what got me thinking about this subject. If and when our proposed dog park ever gets built (questionable in this economy) I'd like for Shiloh to enjoy a place where she can run around off leash. But if she doesn't, at least I wouldn't be driving 25 minutes to get there!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.