Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend we took Shiloh for a walk in a different park, and we met the cutest little poodle puppy. Shiloh didn't bark at him, and was happy to go over and sniff him for a minute, then ignored him and went back to sniffing the ground. DH said, "She doesn't like other dogs much, does she?" I replied that yes she does, and reminded him how much she loved our late great Coco, and that she seemed to like Max who lived down the street. She always wants to go visit Holly next door when her owner brings her outside. But then I got to thinking: with all those dogs,except Coco, she seems happy to see them, and she sniffs them, but then she just goes on her merry way. They're running circles around her, but she's just sniffing the ground. I know several of you have mentioned your beags playing with other dogs, and I wonder why Shiloh doesn't really play with others. She did grow up with 2 other dogs in the house, so it's not like she's never around other dogs. Is she just standoffish, or what?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Maybe she's just politely greeting the strangers on the street, but doesn't see them as part of her 'pack' and therefore doesn't play the way she would with a dog she sees all the time (therefore seen as being in her pack).

Sounds like she's rather well socialized in my humble opinion! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Since we live in the country, Li'l Girl doesn't see many dogs other than her "siblings". When she goes to the vet and sees strange dogs, she doesn't show any particular interest in them.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Our dogs do make friends very easily. The minute they come into contact they go into stupid mode and want to play. Interestingly though, our new boy, Basil at this time isn't remotely interested in the other 4, and I genuinely believe that it is because he sees the humans as his pack more than the dogs. I think this will change in time.

That said, why we should expect them to be any different to people I don't know. I like some folk, I sometimes just tolerate folk and sometimes I go into stupid mode and just want to play (usually after a good merlot!) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Lisa

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
My Charlie gets angry when he see other dogs during his walk(on leash), he got a comment at one time that he is not friendly. :redface:
Other than that he is friendly with human and especially in the dog park he is very friendly with other dogs(off leash).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts