Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wondering if any of you have dogs who can do this.
sophie has learned to make things disappear. i mean for real, actually...gone.

after we had her about a month, her water bowl just up and disappeared one day. we live in an apt. <span style="text-decoration: underline">there's only so many places it could possibly be.</span> however, <span style="font-style: italic">a whole lot of searching in every possible place</span> has yeilded <span style="font-weight: bold">no results</span>. the bowl does not exist in this apt any more.
last week, my wife bought sophie a rawhide chew thingy. she sat in the middle of the dining room chewing it. i look over, there she is, chewing it. i look back over a few minutes later, and it's gone. i have torn this place apart looking for it. it's not in this apt somehow. i don't get it. the thing is about 16 long and screw shaped. somehow, it's just....gone.

·
Registered
890 Posts
My dog when I was a teenager used to make rawhides dissappear. I think he buried them. I don't know how you would do that in an apartment. Check the floor boards.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I can tell you that my guys like to hide things under sofas, the refrigerator and bedroom furniture! I always wondered where all of their bones went and one day, while doing a major cleaning, we moved furniture and it was like Christmas all over for them!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Be very careful with your beagle. Clearly, she has a small black hole under her control.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally Posted By: Lucy's MomBe very careful with your beagle. Clearly, she has a small black hole under her control.

that's what i think too!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hmm, well Daisy hides her chewies in the dirty laundry. She digs through the clothes like she's digging in the dirt and then pushes the clothes with her nose to cover it up..so when I go to do laundry there is sometimes a rawhide chewie stuck to our clothes. She also hides them in the kids pillows on their beds

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Our last beagle, Spotty, used to bury things in the garden, you couldnt tell where she had been digging it was uncanny. I suspect you will find your missing items one day, in the couch, under cupboards or as someone suggested in the washing. The food bowl is a mystery though!

·
Registered
220 Posts
This one time, Justin (my boyfriend) was cooking dinner, sloppy joes, and he left the frying pan with hamburger in it on the stove while he came to pick me up from work. He pushed it to the back element thinking no way Monty would get it, but sure enough, we get home and the frying pan is GONE. there's absolutly no mess from the food, and we couldn't find the frying pan anywhere! i actually accused my boyfriend of loosing it, or throwing it out by mistake. a week late i found it pushed under a book shelf on the other side of the house!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts