Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all! It was a little bit warmer in the house this afternoon so decided it was time for Mags' weekly bath -- since she stays wet with the leave-on lotion, I was concerned she would be chilled if I did bath in our usual Sunday morning time slot. Here is my little, teeny girl:

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Oh she is so sweet!! Blue requires a treat for bath time too, but I prefer to pay the professionals right now rather than fight him. It does him good to be out and be social anyhow.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Oh she is such a pretty girl but I can't believe you can stand back to take a photo and she doesn't jump out. Mine would be gone soap and all. lol

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally Posted By: beagletails I can't believe you can stand back to take a photo and she doesn't jump out.
I'm actually sitting on a stool right next to the tub though she has never tried to climb out. I think, somewhere in her doggy mind, she realizes that the shampoo, etc. does make her feel better. She woke me up at least four times last night with her scratching so, hopefully, we will both have a more restful night tonight! On behalf of Maggie, thanks for all the compliments.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I love the tongue picture, so adorable

·
Registered
865 Posts
Wow, I agree, she has such expressive eyes! Such a pretty girl.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I love the little tongue sticking out too! Those eyes just stare with so much intent (she definitely knows a treat is coming!)

·
Registered
223 Posts
The tongue sticking out is just adorable. Also, she looks like the happiest beagle taking a bath that I have ever seen!!

I have a question though - what is this ten minute lotion you are putting on her? What is it for? I wash Arty weekly as well (the dog park gets him waaay too dirty) and I think he's starting to get dry skin..

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally Posted By: Artimus BWI have a question though - what is this ten minute lotion you are putting on her? What is it for? I wash Arty weekly as well (the dog park gets him waaay too dirty) and I think he's starting to get dry skin..
Maggie gets weekly baths as she has generalized demodectic mange (one of the effects of having a compromised immune system). I used a medicated shampoo as well as a medicated leave-on lotion. My guess is that the weekly baths you are giving Arty are stripping the natural oils from his skin. You might consider using doggy wipes as an alternative to weekly baths.

·
Registered
91 Posts
OH MY!!! I'm speechless. That is one sweet girl let me tell you, and I have a sweet girl myself so I know! LOL. Baby Maggie girl is beyond precious. The tongue sticking out just seals the deal. That's it!! I appoint myself as her honourable auntie and you make sure you give her an enormous kiss on that sweet nose of hers and a warm hug from me and my beagle brigade! We will admire her from a distance. She is a darling, beautiful girl. I can't imagine the joy that she gives you. She is a treasure. What a precious girl she is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts