Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all! I'm sure our newbies are thinking "and this is news because ..." but those of you who are familiar with Maggie's health situation will understand how significant this is. For the last three days, Maggie has eaten 1/2 c. of food during the day and about 3/4 c. spread out during the evening. After spending Tuesday evening throwing up repeatedly, she has done a turn-around. I think the key is giving her the anti-nausea medicine and then waiting an hour to give her any food. I know things may change tomorrow but am enjoying watching her enjoy her food again! :thumbup: She is also losing her rough coat of fur (which the doctors think is from the extremely high levels of hormones) and the new fur coming in is very soft and there are no bald areas so it looks like the melatonin is kicking in. So glad I can report some positive news!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bless her heart! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Hooray for Maggie :bounce2: :bounce2: I bet she is feeling better if she can eat and act like beagle.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Maggie!! :happyhappy: It's so great to hear good news. I'm glad that she's doing better. I hope the improvements keep on coming! Belly rubs to Miss Maggie!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Way to go Maggie! :happyhappy:
I have a special place in my heart for Beagle Senior Citizens. There is just something about them that tugs at your heartstrings. Maggie and her problems have done a good job tugging at mine. She is such a love and I am so glad that things are going a bit better. :heart:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
So happy for you and Maggie. Its great that she is feeling well enough to eat again!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
So pleased to hear good news about Maggie. Keep it up girl we all love you. :bounce:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I am so happy to hear that news, Judy!

We've been out of town for the last 8 days, I peaked in on BW briefly but not for long.

Got home an hour ago and am surfing BW and this thread caught my eye and gave me goose bumples! Will take the good news day by day!

Way to go, Maggie!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hooray for you, Maggie!! :happyhappy: And kudos to you Judy, for continuing to try with Maggie till you found what works!! Way to go, both of you!

·
Registered
448 Posts
:hyper:
Yeah Maggie!! My maggie here is about due to give birth any time--- lots of Maggie stuff going on!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Judi and the gang

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for checking, Jen! Still doing pretty good with the food -- I even gave her a little taste of Breyer's vanilla ice cream last night for a special treat -- figured she deserves it! My guess is that she will expect a repeat tonight. When I came home from work today, she could barely keep her eyes open -- just seemed very, very sleepy. She perked up a bit as I started preparing dinner.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Judy,
I've been out of town for a few days, and missed your post....Maggie has been on my mind! I'm SO happy to hear she's eating, as I know how worried you are about her health.

My own Maggie thinks a spoonful of Breyers is the perfect bedtime treat for your Maggie. ( :animal18: (((Doggie Kisses from all of us))))

·
Registered
157 Posts
:thumbup: So glad that you are eating again and enjoying it. Keep up the good work!!

Lora&Tippi
"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet.:
Edith Wharton

1 - 19 of 19 Posts