Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maggie had company last night. My friend adopted a lab/poodle mix puppy from a rescue in Texas. We are in Washington state so of course she had only seen pictures of the puppy. She came across the dog on petfinders and after much talk with the rescue convinced them to ship the dog now named Buddy. We think now that the "rescue" might be more puppy mill than rescue, but thats another story. Buddy is twelve weeks old and already taller than Maggie and close to her weight. Maggie had the best time. The dogs rolled and chased and barked in my living room for two hours. Buddy wouldn't go outside to play unless his mommy went and since it was raining we didn't want to stand outside. Even though Buddy is young he has a deep bark. The first time he barked, Maggie hid behind the couch and peeked around the corner at him. I had to crate Maggie so Buddy could eat his dinner. He is not a good eater and left half of his food in the dish, much to our amazement as we are always hiding food from Maggie. Hopefully, that was the first of many play dates. After all that I found Maggie stretched full length on the kitchen floor dozing, but half an hour later when the kids went next door to play baseball she jumped up and went to play with the neighbor dogs. She is sleeping in this morning and I am enjoying a quiet breakfast without saying "off" every 30 seconds.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yay Maggie! I'm glad she had fun with her new friend. That's funny she hid behind the couch when Buddy first barked. Too cute! I'd love to see pictures of them playing (I love seeing pictures of dogs playing). And yay for you that she is sleeping in. I love when Lucky sleeps in due to be so tired from playing. :biglaugh:

Jenn & Lucky

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have the three dogs and I love when they start playing. Sometimes it reminds me of tag.

It sure does tire them out :woohoo:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I love to see beags playing too, but when you have 3 good sized beagles wrestling around the living room floor--- watch out!~!! ! :animal18: :woohoo:
it is NUTS! Cant ever get a good picture of them together then either! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Maybe will just post what I have and you can see what you can see.

But Glad that Maggie had a good time playing with her new friend. My Maggie is a "TROUBLE MAKER" with a capital T!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Judi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts