Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all! The "thumbs-up" means that Maggie's weight and red blood cell count are stable. The melatonin implant has been ordered and, after that is inserted, I will add the flax seed oil supplements to her diet. Eating is still a struggle -- yesterday was hand feeding only, this morning she ate some from her bowl. Had to switch to shredding the chicken so it is harder for her to pick it out. The vet doesn't know why her fur is so greasy but wants her bathed every couple of weeks. Since I take her to PetSmart and the last time she was miserable there, not sure what I will do. May check into mobile bathing services. Maggie was so thrilled to see the vet this week that she decided she would taste his hand -- yup, bit him good when he picked her up to take her to the scale. At least she is still feisty! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Obviously the vet did not respect the proper protocol when dealing with Senior Beagle Royalty.
"A bow at the waist, then a May I approach your majesty, and place her on the unworthy scale?." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Next time he will remember.

My Fleagle was like that. She did not have too many teeth left for biting, but boy could she talk up a storm. In my mind I was ready to swear that she was saying "watch it buster - don't get to familiar!"

I am sure Maggie knows that everything tastes better when it is finger fed. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Awwwh god bless maggie, plenty of sauce left in her then.

Hope she is improving. She is such a pretty girl, she is the spit of my blonde Foxy Roo!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's good to read that Maggie's stabilized. We can hardly blame her for being put off by the vet, she's seen far too much of the doggy docs. Will keep both of you in my prayers.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Silly Miss Maggie! We must not go biting the vet though I'm sure she is tired of seeing vets. Can't blame her there. I'm glad to her things are stabilizing. You and Miss Maggie are of course in our thoughts and prayers.

Jenn & Lucky

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Judy, I'm glad that Maggie had a good checkup (minus the whole biting incident) Although with all she's been through you can't really blame her! I hope that things continue to go well for her. You're both in my thoughts.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Really great news!! I hope things will continue to improve.

I agree, she has had enough of all the poking and prodding and let off steam with the doc. We girls can take just so much. :angel:

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
So glad to hear that Maggie feels like being fiesty! I'm sure she is tired of seeing the vet by now--that was probably her way of say, "You know, I'm down to my last nerve here and you're stepping on it!" :biglaugh:
Would Meggie feel more comfortable about her baths if you bathed her yourself?

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Pssssst.....Maggie.....sometimes I feel like biting my doctor too!
And I can tell you FOR SURE that I've had small patients bite me too (nobody likes the dentist office either) :biglaugh:
Don't worry, they won't hold it against you, but next time, they WILL move more respectfully around you.
Judy, I'm glad she's feeling better. You know you're both in my thoughts & prayers each day.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Sammy sends a big belly rub out to Maggie !! so glad to hear that her levels are all stable and with all that poking and prodding lately it's a wonder she didn't snap earlier.....

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers !!

Julie and Sammy

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks to all -- Maggie & I both appreciate your wonderful support. The melatonin implant is expected to arrive tomorrow so we have a Monday morning appointment to insert it. The vet explained that it is just like inserting a micro chip -- just a longer needle. Not surprisingly, I will be giving Maggie some acepromazine before we leave the house so she will be in doggie la-la-land when we arrive at the vet. That should eliminate any desire to nip the vet -- at least on Monday!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi, all! Ms. Maggie's update ... melatonin implant inserted this morning (delayed due to mail delays). I did give Maggie some acepromazine before we left the house so she really didn't care what happened to her at the vet. Insertion took all of five minutes -- I opted not to watch -- I was definitely more nervous than Maggie! Once home, I tried giving her one of the flax seed softgels that UTenn doctor recommended. She loved the outside (it was cocoa) but, unfortunately, it got stuck in her throat. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Some syringed water later (and panic on my part), she is okay. I am thinking that maybe her reflexes were not working as well because of sedative but don't want to take a chance and give it another try so will order an alternative. There are several (lignan extract) but all on-line so it will take a bit to arrive. Cushings' symptoms have increased exponentially over the last week so really am hoping that melatonin will work. Am going to try and add some Innova dry food to her chicken and rice and hope that she doesn't spit it out -- she still has diarrhea and I want to try and add some bulk to her diet. Woofs to all from Maggie!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts