Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday morning early there was a raccoon in our yard. When I opened the door it went over the fence but Maggie wasn't fooled. She got up about 45 minutes later and went nuts. In case the raccoon was still around, I put Maggie on the leash and we walked around the yard. I decided it looked clear so I went in and Maggie stayed out. Two minutes later I heard her baying and barking and saw her jumping at the base of a tree. I went out expecting a raccoon and found only a very scarey deflated basketball in the branches. I made Maggie come in with me as I am sure the neighbors didn't appreciate the early morning hunting. An hour later Maggie went back outside and again went nuts at the base of the tree, so I went back out in the rain with my flashlight and showed her the basketball. As soon as she realized it was not a raccoon, she gave the saddest whimper. Then her head went down and her tail went down and she walked slowly into the house. I don't know if my brave hunter was embarrassed or disappointed.
Connie

·
Registered
223 Posts
Be careful with raccoons though! One of my friends had a cat that got mauled by the raccoon. She didnt make it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I think the raccoon has really sharp claws or something and from what my friend described it pretty much gutted the cat. SO sad /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
295 Posts
LOL! Great story! I think of all dogs, a beagle would be especially embarrassed to have treed a deflated ball /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts