Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! Maggie had her anal gland surgery yesterday and all went perfectly. She did have a minor anxiety attack when I brought her home but collapsed on the bed shortly thereafter:

She has pooped and peed so everything is working like it should although she keeps trying to poop even though there is nothing more to come out. Vet said area is probably hypersensitive and will be for a few days. She is uncomfortable -- had to increase the pain meds a bit. All in all, very glad surgery is over and she came through with flying colors!! :happyhappy:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Glad to hear that all went well !!!

Sammy sends a big aarrroooooooooo !! :bounce2:

Here's to a speedy recovery !!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yay! Give the girl a milkbone and a kiss for me!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Glad maggie has it behind her (excuse pun). Hope she will be feelng her old self soon. :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was a moaner, Doghouse! :rolleyes: Thanks to all for your good wishes -- she is having a good day today, mostly sleeping.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yay, Maggie - things can only get better from here! Tummy rubs and hugs from Buckley & Katie

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
From one Mags to another: I'm happy to hear the surgery went well. I hope you follow all mom's rules so you get better really soon. Let us know how your special collar works (just in case MY mom decides to buy one). Our whole house will keep you and your mom in our prayers......arooooooooo! xoxo :heart:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Lots of well-wishes from Daisy and me! She looks so adorable. Hope the tough part will be over soon.

Daisy has been having some issues with her glands. It just started about a month ago. I'm hoping the new food will help. It's a high fiber weight loss food called Canidae Platinum and I ordered it from Amazon, of all places. Canidae's website is very informative, but does not sell the food online. It doesn't have wheat, soy, or corn to avoid allergies, too. She likes it, although she's so far never turned up her nose at anything I've given her except for mushrooms and lettuce!

Rest well, Maggie. :angel:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Awwwww, sending wishes for a speedy recovery to Maggie. I think beagle mommies suffer as much as their babies in circumstances like this. You want to do something to help but only recovery time will do the trick. Sooooo....we are sending extra belly rubs to Maggie and cyber {{{{hugs}}}} for mom! Julie

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah Maggie! I'm glad to hear things are going well. She looks mighty comfy on that pile o' pillows! True Beagle form. I hope that Maggie recovers quickly and that this helps with her anxiety too. Lots of hugs and kisses and belly rubs from us! And lots of happy thoughts to you too Judy. I'm sure this is as hard on you as it is on Miss Maggie.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hope Maggie has a quick recovery!!

Give her a scratch from us!!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Judy,

Glad that Maggie is past that nasty event and glad that you are there to nurse her.

She looks so comfortable in her "sickbed".

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Awwwh poor maggie

At least the surgery is done and she can heal.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm glad to hear the surgery went well, and that Maggie's on the road to recovery.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Judy glad to hear all is well with the "Maggster".

Vinny sends some quick healing vibes her way. :thumbup:

"the other Joe"

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi, all! The "Magster" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif continues to do great!! Deb, amazingly, I have not had to put the collar on her at all. I am assuming the stitches haven't started to itch -- she isn't even trying to get to that area. I did ask the vet if he thought she could reach that area and he said I would be surprised at the contortionists some dogs can be. Since she hasn't worn the collar for more than 15 minutes at a time during her pre-surgery trials, I am hesitant to put it on her tomorrow when I have to go back to work -- don't know how she would react with it on all day. Hopefully, she will leave her surgery site alone! Thanks for sending good thoughts and hugs her way! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 20 of 25 Posts