Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all! Saturday I took Maggie to PetSmart for a bath -- she goes about every three months and usually loves it. The bather has always told me that Maggie just chatters away during the whole bath. Well, not this time ... Maggie was crying in the waiting room and reportedly whimpered through the whole bath. I know she doesn't feel well -- maybe she just didn't want someone fidgeting with her. Here is a picture of her "recuperating" at home -- fluffy and pretty but not happy:

To add insult to injury, as we were walking out of PetSmart, an employee said, "Oh, what a fat beagle!" :grr: I gave her a stare and said, "That's a swollen liver, not fat!" I hope she felt bad.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maggie, sweetie, you look so clean and sweet. I hope you didn't pay any mind to the person who made the rude comment about your weight. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Maggie, poor sweetie.....did your mean ol'mama subject you to those mean 'ol grooming people??!!

And then somebody made a very rude comment about your mature waistline too? Well......

I expect your mama feels so bad about your stressful day, that you're getting some extra belly rubs and spoiling tonite (milk it for all it's worth...)

The Maggie at our house thinks her mama is mean sometimes too.....but mama always tries to make up for it. This mean mama melts at sad beagle eyes.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
aaawww poor Maggie ... rough day but you look very pretty !! Never you mind those nasty people who like to judge on appearances :angryfire:

You are beautiful to me !!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Poor Maggie. You're a beautiful Beagle. Don't worry about those mean ol' people. Make sure that mommy makes up for today...lots of treats and beagley kisses. And tell mom to give you an extra belly rub from me and Jersey!

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Maggie looks lovely, she has such a sweet face, just ignore the daft comments

She looks very much like Foxy Roo

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Poor Maggie. You didn't want to be groomed this time. But you still like so pretty! Just ignore those mean people. They shouldn't sy things like that anyhow!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Poor Maggie! Those are some "Momma, a treat sure would make me feel a lot better" eyes!! :heart:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Judy, I wish Maggie could have been with us, our bath day today. Bill and I decided that we would try bathing our girls in the deep kitchen sink (horrors, the KITCHEN!) at waist level. It worked out so well, they were deep and we were at a comfortable position. We used a new skin sensitive shampoo, oatmill, by Heartz. We did their anal glands outside, and then bathed them (individually) in the k. sink with the sprayer. IT was so effortless. We had all our supplies ready at waist level, instead of on our knees in the bathtub etc. I'm so sorry Maggies had such a rough time today.
She looks absolutely ravishing.She has such a sweet look to her.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by judymaggie:
To add insult to injury, as we were walking out of PetSmart, an employee said, "Oh, what a fat beagle!" :grr: I gave her a stare and said, "That's a swollen liver, not fat!" I hope she felt bad.
I've mentioned this before but why do people feel they can just call a dog fat? Do they do the same thing with children?! Booker (who is chunky but really not THAT fat) gets comments like that at least two or three times a month from perfect strangers - another one last night when I took her out for her pre-bed pee (someone was coming towards us and said to the other person they were with - "Look at that old, fat beagle.". And I didn't have a good retort like you...

·
Registered
157 Posts
:computer: Judy, Maggie certainly is a beauty. Sorry that she didn't enjoy her "spa day" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif .
We started out using PetSmart here in Orlando but after the head groomer said that if Tippi didn't lose weight she would be dead in 6 months, my husband told her off and we never went back. Now we take her to Petco and they treat her like the princess that she is. Just a thought, have you looked into some of the Mobile Groomers? I used one once and she was great, but a bit expensive. I was allowed to be with Tippi as they bathed her and it worked out really well and so convenient, since they come right to your home. Give it some thought. Hugs to Maggie.

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My Amber was a bit overweight, not too thin. My friends said she looked like a tick...little head with big fat body. I even had one person ask me if she was pregnant. My one uncle used to say she looked like a cow with no legs. They were quite mean to my girl. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif It was worse once she developed the Cushings.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:Originally posted by jen-n-jersey:
I even had one person ask me if she was pregnant.
Jen -- I've heard that one, too!
John -- that is the PetSmart we go to -- the same young woman has bathed Maggie for a couple of years and Maggie converted her into a beagle lover. Maggie has always loved being bathed -- that's why this time was so unusual.
Maggie (and her Mom /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ) appreciates all your compliments. It is great to know we have a place where we can get all the positive strokes we need! Tomorrow is vet day so another not-so-happy day for Mags -- have to start out the day by trying to get a "first urine" sample from Maggie. Should be quite an interesting feat -- she squats down so low I have no idea how to get the sterile cup under her! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Maggie, you are very lovely, and Teddy,Phoebe and I are so sorry you had to endure such a tacky insult!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts