Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...

The post office called today at 6:00am to let me know my worms had arrived. (What??! Worms you say??)

Yep, I'm adding them to my compost pile to speed up the composting process (for those who don't know, compost is the "gold" of gardening for fertilizer, and it's composed of yard debris and food scraps. Earthworms and red wrigglers mix, work and eat the compost and their casings are "platinum")

As I opened the box of worms (there were 2 pounds of them!)......I set the box down....and you guessed it....Maggie dove into the box and grabbed a mouthful. Off she ran....swallowing as fast as she could.

I'm going to research this, because I don't think they're harmful; in fact they might be pure protein....but does anyone know if they're bad for dogs? Maggie has always grabbed earthworms after a big rain, but this was her first MOUTHFUL of the tasty tidbits! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
Oh you are the best mom ever! Who needs a drive-up for take out when you can have one of your all time fav snacks delivered fresh and wiggly! :hysterical: It might not be meals on wheels, but I am sure she loved it.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Unless they are produced with some sort of weird chemical, I would not worry. What a rascal she is.

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kathleen,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Snoopy cartoon :pukey:

I'm glad Maggie loved her snack, but I think I'll just stick with the organic veggies that the worms help to fertilize ....YUM YUM.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I loved that and the cartoon of Snoopy!!!!!! Must print the latter out and put on the pin board. :toofunny:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
EEEWWW! Never has any of our beags eaten "freshwater bait"... but Snapper was a "notorious theif" of the anchovies that we used for bait when we lived in southern California! He was an expert at pretending to be asleep as he devoured our bait...until Pop pointed out that he had a fish tail sticking out of his mouth as he pretended to be asleep! Snapper LOVED fish as a meal...& that was our que that beags love to get "fish in nearly any form as a meal"! :hapfac01:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That is hilarious! Not surprising, but really funny.

LOVE the Snoopy cartoon.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
That is so funny!!! Even Miss Shiloh, my little four-legged Hoover, has never eaten worms! Not that I know of anyway! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif But since they turned out to be healthy, I guess Maggie knew what was good for her!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Kathleen, the cartoon is hilarious! And so typically beagle!!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Boeing's mom:
I wonder what their tummies are made of, these silly beagles :exactly:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Boeing's mom:
I wonder what their tummies are made of, these silly beagles :rotatesmiley2:

·
Registered
324 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jen-n-jersey:
I wonder what their tummies are made of, these silly beagles :thumbup: Their little hop blowns his mind! :sign20: Frogs that's another storie !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts