Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maggie has graduated to intermediate class. We are having the best time and everyone keeps saying they didn't know beagles are so smart. (Of course, the stubborn shows up sometimes too.)Maggie has created quite a sensation in class with the down and wait command because if she has to stay down, she prefers to be in what I have seen you all call the freagle position. She gets down and comfortable and is willing to wait a long time if she knows I have a "cookie" in my hand. People laugh and come over to watch her lounging on the floor while the other dogs are anxious to get up.
Her friend, Mario, a fox terrier from the beginning class and Maggie often begin to play right in the middle of something serious when they should be working. That gets people laughing too. I think of the classes as a chance to be good will beagle ambassadors. Maggie has sure made a lot of people and doggie friends.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maggie seems to like the classes. She is always calmer and more focused for a day or two after we go. It helps me also and reminds me of the things I need to work on. We are taking our classes at Petsmart. The trainer is actually a friend of mine from high school. She has spent the last 20 years raising guide dogs, in addition to having multiple dogs as pets throughout her life so she is very knowledgeable and is always willing to offer suggestions and extra help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.