Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
As most of you who have been on BW for a while, you know our girls went to a private trainer first and she used the pinch collar, which we detested; however, they did very well in the sit, stay and heel areas. We dropped out when she put shock collars on them and I won't go into that. About six weeks ago we started basic again at Petsmart. We loved the trainer and the girls would work for treats, which we had been doing on our own; however, due to poo problems first with Brandy, then with Cecil, we had missed too much. Anyway, my hubby is negative on this and we stopped halfway...Got half the money back too. I really want to work more on obidence and plan to especially with Cecil. My biggest problem is with two. It was o.k. at the training facility as Richard was there with Brandy and me with Cecil, but at home trying to work on the various commands is difficult at best. If I could get one alone, that would be different; however, they are always together and one interfers with the other. We can do sit and stay for a treat, but that's it. We do individual mile walks and that works fine, but they don't walk well together. Anyway, it's tax season and I am very busy....but can't start working until the girls can go out to the playpen. They get full of the devil when I am in my office and they are solo with each other in another part of the house. But all in all they are good girls and misbehave very little compared to what I read. What a joy Mggie must be.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.