Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Long time no talk! Lyle and myself went on our first camping trip of the year finally. We traveled 90 miles into the North Maine Woods and then canoed another 5 miles to get to our destination. He had a blast but didn't care much for the little bit of thunder we had. He also doesn't much like my outboard motor I used one day when it was windy. We saw moose and deer and listened to some coyotes one late afternoon. Here are some pics I thought I would share of Lyle enjoying himself. I hope the size is alright!

The journey begins.

Taking in the sights.

Took in too many sights!

Standing guard at our first campsite we were at for the first 3 nights.

Patrolling the grounds for possible rabbit attacks at our second campsite on the way home.

Too much patrolling and not enough rabbits!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Great to hear from you again Bill! Wonderful pictures! Looks like Lyle had a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Wow, with a trip like that, Lyle must have been in beagle heaven! Wonderful pics, looks like her had a great time. Lyle is a very handsome boy!

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Bill, your pics are great! (they make me feel as though we are
related in some way)! Lyle may have lost his black coat, but
he looks very much like our past Duke! (The more I learn about
you... the more we seem to have in common)! (You had a health problem recently & so did I this past winter when I broke my
left ankle! You have a seniour on your hands like I do with
Goober...but they have both been spoiled enough to have a run @
the record for the longest living beag!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Great pictures as always Bill and Lyle is looking good. Glad you had a good trip.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Lyle's super lucky to have the great outdoors to enjoy. Great pics!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everybody! We had a great time! I hope to get out a couple more times before the weather shuts me down. The leaves are starting to change here already! I hope that ankle is all healed up Red! You have some hills to be climbing pretty soon!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Beautiful, <span style="font-style: italic">beautiful</span> pictures! Lyle looks like he knows just what he's doing. His picture in his own bed on the grass is great. Not to mention the lake and mountain scenery.

Thanks for posting those.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Wonderful pictures of your adventure! Lyle looks like he really enjoyed himself. So glad he protected you from possible rabbit attacks!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Woo Hoo!
So glad to see handsome Lyle.....and great to know you're feeling well enough to spend a week camping in the wilderness Bill! (that heart thing going ok now?)

My son is in Alaska this week....and I'm picturing him camping and fishing in sites similiar to those you're showing. The only difference is, his best friend is a pilot and flew them to their cabin....sorry for blabbing....but this nervous mom is waiting for them to come back to civilization so I know they're alive
Does your mom worry like that when you're out in the wilderness?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts