Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working with him trying to get him to find shed antlers. So far it is daddy-5 and Lyle-0 but hopefully soon he will figure it out. He also thinks they make marvelous chew toys!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
An occasional moose may mosey across the border from Idaho, but that is still over a days drive (yes in one state) from our home. The Bagel and I come upon Elk and Mule Deer antlers all the time. The Bagel sniffs em, and then moves on. I think he expects there to be meat on anything he is going to chew on /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
I see that you have a far more respectful spouce than my husband does... If it were my husband, I would escape in search of the antler myself and spray them with this wonderfull Bubble thing cheese and liver flavour they sell in Petsmart, and then, guess who would win!...Hee, hee, hee... :evilgrin: (Sorry, I must have lived far too long with Beagles: they tought me well...)

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by barking mad:
Looks like a good new hobby, what would Lyle do if he came accross the whole Moose? :holy****:
The Bagel has encountered large wild ungulates (Elk, Deer, Antelope, horse, and burro but not any moose). He pretty much ignores them just like cows and domestic horses. The only wild mammal he ever tried to play with was a dang badger, who by the way, was having none of that! Somehow the Bagel thought the badger was buddy sized. He treats marmots and such as prey because they behave like prey. I suspect Bill and Lyle have crossed paths with live moose, I mean they live in Moosehead Lake /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lyle has encountered moose, deer, coyote and we were close to a bear once as Lyle's hackles were raised but the bear stayed out of sight. Lyle goes nuts when he sees a moose from the safety of the truck. When he meets them while we are walking he just watches them but then goes into super sniffing mode with his nose going a mile a minute! We have lots of moose around here. In fact most places that we look for antlers resemble a barnyard with all the moose tracks. Today was a great day as Lyle sniffed out this huge antler without my having to direct him to it. It's a step in the right direction....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts