Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as promised we took heaps of photos, but they all looked the same. Beagle at full extension running after the lure. The following are just some of the hundreds we took!

Puppy Run:

(Hehe, notice the puppy in the background stationary sniffing the peg?)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
See the two in the background on the right, they were only 4 months old.. how cute!

The gorgeous girl I caught!

Our little champion Leia, sore tail and all.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

All tuckered out!

There were lots of tan and white beagles out!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The two 4 month old puppies:

Big dog pack runs, they started off going the right way...

One went off course...

Half the pack followed...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Second pack run - start your beagles!

Racing...

Mmmm... sniffs!

Alot kept going...

·
Registered
135 Posts
aw sweet.. how did you find all beagle luring taht looks like so much fun!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
That looks like it was alot of fun!

All of those beagles-in-motion with ears flying looks like beagle-lover heaven!

Of course Sally and Leia were the best looking ones there! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

~Denise

·
Registered
517 Posts
That looks like so much fun for the Beags!!

And those are a great loking bunch of doggies too! I will have to look into this and see if there is anything like this around here. Is it a club event or ???

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Wow! I am so glad you posted pictures of lurecoursing! I was so interested after you told us about it the other day. Those are wonderful pictures! I wish we had that around here.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Loved looking at all the pictures -- not surprised to see the beags vearing off-course. Actually surprised so many stayed focused as long as they did. Is the lure dipped in some yummy flavor of food? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We had a beagle club where we live and most of the states in Australia do. This event was run by the beagle club and it's run once a year. There is another club that runs lurecoursing days about twice a month as it's actually a very competitive sport for dogs in Australia. Same with obedience and agility.

The pack runs were hilarious! The first run I like there were 5 out of 15 dogs that finished, the rest went off course. Unfortunately Leia was in that group of 10 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sally didn't like lurecoursing that much, but Leia loved it! Hopefully we'll go to another one very soon to see how they go again.

The lure wasn't dipped in anything, was just a plastic bag. As the plastic bag rustles and the wire going through the pegs makes noise, the dogs go nuts and theoretically should chase it. SHOULD chase it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Was the best day..

(... Erin)

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
What wonderful pictures!! Thank you for posting them. It looks like a lot of fun was had by all!
Love the little beag with the half white face!! But Sally and Leia were the standouts of course!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Those are great pictures! It looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing. I wonder if we have anything like that around here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts