Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm not sure what's wrong with my poor Sally, but she's got three lumps on her legs. They are noticeable with her just standing there, but don't seem to be bothering her.

They are on her skin because when you pull the skin our, they come with it. They don't seem to have discoloured the skin. They've got me stumped. I'm wondering whether it's some kind of reaction from her getting stung by something last week? Or she's been bitten by mosquito's (which I don't know whether the US has?).

We've got a big pet expo on this weekend and the girls will be there with us both days for 8 hours a day. I am going to leave it till tomorrow morning and see if they decrease in size. If they don't, I'll take her to the vet.

After my own mum's cancer fight, I get very scared seeing lumps and bumps in places /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

·
Registered
509 Posts
oh noh! I hope its all ok, blimmin mosquito's, they eat me alive!

anyway, hopefully its something minor and she will be ok!

good luck with the pet expo!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It actually looked like there was a tick or something under her fur the lumps are that pronounced. They aren't huge, but you can easily see them.

I hope she's alright.. I don't want to leave them at home, they are our sales reps!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Make a vet appointment and have them looked over. An aspirate can be done as a quick check. Lumps are usually no big deal, but always get them checked.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Yes, go to the vets. Probably nothing but best to be sure. Good luck anyway.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Being an obsessive pet mommy, I'm with the go the the vet crowd. It's always better to be safe than sorry. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/angry.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm with everyone else on the get to the vet suggestion. I hope it's nothing major.

As for mosquitos? Yes, we most definitely have them here. Evil little creatures. Florida's state bird should be the mosquito, they are everywhere. And they get huge in the summer. Yuck. Hate them!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well they've gone down and I'm afraid that if I take her to the vet and tell him there are lumps on her legs, he'll look at me and wonder what drugs I'm on.

I'm actually wondering whether it might be a reaction to some anti-histamine I gave her late last week due to a bite on her nose that swelled up. I was coached through by a breeder to give her human anti-histamine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts