Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago, I was getting ready to go meet my brother for dinner. I'd put Luigi in his room, and was ready to go, but remembered I had to clean up a spill on the porch. Absentmindedly leaving the outside door open, I went into Luigi's room to get the dustpan. As soon as I opened the door to his room, He made a beeline towards the open door and got out. I spent the next hour or so chasing him in the driving, cold rain, until he went over the hill to a nearby suburb and disappeared. I was very distressed, called my wife, who was at work, unsure what to do. A while later, in the forlorn hope that he'd come back, I opened the blinds to the see through porch door to keep an eye out for him. Five seconds later there he was, soaking wet, waiting for daddy to let him in. I was so thankful he'd been guided back to me.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh my gosh! How scary! Ours have run off a few times, but never gotten further than down the block.

I imagine you were freaking out and I don't blame you. I'm so glad you were able to find Luigi and get him safely home. I love happy endings!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts