Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are new here, I looked up this forum seeking out for an opinion on a certain matter. So basically i just came back from two weeks holidays and we left ou dear Lucas at a hotel for dogs where he would stay out all day and play with other dogs and only come back to his private space at the end of the day to sleep. We picked him up today and he seemed hyped, but when we got home he just wanted to rest..
And he did for the entire day.. we are a bit concerned as Lucas is a very energetic dog and is acting tired all day, and sometimes when we try to move him he bites our hand off like we were hurting him.
Is this case for concern of should we let him rest for a day or two and see if it passes? He’s not used to play all day as he did back at the dog hotel because we live at an apartment..
Thank you in advance !!

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Poor Lucas!

It could be that he's sore from playing. How old is Lucas now? I think you said in your other thread but I don't remember.

Did he have all his vaccines before going to be boarded? Is there a spot that seems to make him particularly reactive?

·
Super Moderator
5,051 Posts
Beagles are very family oriented and sometimes will not really rest well until their family comes back. Even though he was playing and having fun he still was probably constantly waiting for you. I used to take one of my beagles camping and he would sleep for days when he got home. If a few days pass and he still seems off then I would call the vet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thank you for your replies. Lucas is feeling and looking better today he probably just needed a good rest like Mollys Mom said! All his vaccines are up to date and we give him all the best protection against all sorts of bugs and viruses, maybe because I never saw him like that i was freaking out a little bit hehe, he’s my little baby and I would do anything for him. Thank you again ! ��

·
Registered
918 Posts
This is great news! Thanks for letting us know!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts